They really *are* shooting at the helicopters...

Old September 7th 05, 04:33 PM
Maule Driver

...and you don't have a clue.

Doof wrote:
"Maule Driver" wrote in message
news
No. I just borrowed that abhorrent term "breeding". It's what kicked of
the treatise. Think 'cultural breeding' or just plain 'American history'
which is so easy to forget and ignore.

I constantly hear about the "values of our founding fathers" and I think
about those values that were specifically aimed and violently enforced
upon a very specific segment of our population by same 'fathers'.

If you lived in those times, you'd have done much worse, I suspect.

You know, as one grows in knowledge and maturity one _usually_ gathers a
great sense of context. That is one major facet of the maturing process.

You missed a whole bunch of it.

Old September 7th 05, 05:20 PM
Doof

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
om...
..and you don't have a clue.

I know history, and I know the context in which it happened.

You demonstrate a pertinent lack of both.

You just shoot your mouth off with what you've been fed.

Quite simply, you're the one whose clueless and ignorant to boot.

Bet $100 ou never read the personal letters of the Founders.

Bet another $10 you've never followed history other than school or TV.

Old September 7th 05, 05:27 PM
Doof

"Doof" wrote in message

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
om...
..and you don't have a clue.

I know history, and I know the context in which it happened.

You demonstrate a pertinent lack of both.

You just shoot your mouth off with what you've been fed.

Quite simply, you're the one whose clueless and ignorant to boot.

Bet $100 ou never read the personal letters of the Founders.

Bet another $10 you've never followed history other than school or TV.

One last thing: since YOU'RE the one just barfing back the typical
school/media line, you might get a clue about cluelessness. Prime example of
"Freudian Projection". Can you do anything with history other than play
Trivia Pursuit?

More so than before, I think you'd have been more on the Klan side.

Old September 7th 05, 05:27 PM
Gary Drescher

"Doof" wrote in message

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
om...
..and you don't have a clue.

I know history, and I know the context in which it happened.

You demonstrate a pertinent lack of both.

You just shoot your mouth off with what you've been fed.

Quite simply, you're the one whose clueless and ignorant to boot.

Bet $100 ou never read the personal letters of the Founders.

Did you happen to notice the difference between their style of argument and
yours?

--Gary

Old September 7th 05, 07:22 PM
Maule Driver

Doof wrote:
"Maule Driver" wrote in message
..and you don't have a clue.

I know history, and I know the context in which it happened.

You demonstrate a pertinent lack of both.

You just shoot your mouth off with what you've been fed.

Quite simply, you're the one whose clueless and ignorant to boot.

Bet $100 ou never read the personal letters of the Founders.

I'll take you at your word anonymous, $100.
I'm not sure what might be considered the personal letters of the
founders other than what is commonly called the "Federalist Papers", a
collection of writings published in support and defense of the idea of a
US constitution. Madison, Hamilton and John Jay I believe. I was first
exposed in high school but read them almost in their entirety about 3
years ago when I ran across them in my Mom's bookcase.

Is that a winner?

Bet another $10 you've never followed history other than school or TV.

I do read.
My current reading includes
"The Command of the Ocean, A Naval History of Britain 1649 - 1815"
N.A.M. Rodger - since reading as much aviation history as I could find,
I started on maritime stuff.
Several readings I would call 'historical analysis of philosophy and
society' by Michel Faucault. "Discipline & Punish, The Birth of the
Prison" and "History of Sexuality (sic)" - both more pertinent to this
dialog than one would ever imagine.
"...Concerning the Two New Sciences" Galileo Galilei just for kicks

Can I get $10 for those?

Contact me directly for an address to send payment. I'll post the
receipt. Thanks and
please forgive me for biting...

... and you know what to replace the MD with
Old September 7th 05, 08:38 PM
W P Dixon

Mort,
I am sure you know a heck of alot more about insulin than I do,...but I
can't think of anyone down south in our heat that does not have it in the
frig. Remember in the south it can be 100 plus for weeks and weeks and
weeks. I can't imagine insulin lasting much time at all in a LA summer ,
with not even AC much less a frig? Would it be possible?

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
om...
wrote:
You clearly aren't "sorry for anyone who has to put up with diabetes"
(as if it were some minor annoyance and not a life-threatening
disease!). As a father of a type-1 diabetic, I can assure you that
insulin for a diabetic is as critical for survival as oxygen, food,
water, etc. Insulin must be kept refrigerated, which might be a
challenge when there is no electricity for days/weeks at a time.

Uh.... not to interrupt, but actually, you can use unrefrigerated insulin
for up to a month as long as it isn't exposed to extremes of temperature.
In fact, I've never seen insulin in the hospital refrigerated. I expect
we use it up before age becomes a factor, or the patient goes home.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old September 7th 05, 10:43 PM
Morgans

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...
Someone just got charged with shooting at a chopper.

Nope, not gonna watch an ad, or join. Got any other way, such as cut and
paste, to view the contents?
--
Jim in NC

Old September 8th 05, 01:10 AM
Flyingmonk

They changed it Jim, sorry. You didn't miss anything though, it was
very brief. Some 20 yr old kid shot out of his wnidow while a
helicopter was flying overhead and there was an agent in the area
investigating reports of shooting. The article said he was charged.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone