Paintjobs 13 - F 101 Voodoo 1.jpg (1/1)

Old November 14th 14, 02:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_8_]

Default Paintjobs 13 - F 101 Voodoo 1.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F 101 Voodoo 1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	71217
Old November 14th 14, 03:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default Paintjobs 13 - F 101 Voodoo 1.jpg

McDonnell RF-101C 'Voodoo' SN: 56-166
Old November 14th 14, 06:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Thank you very much for the picture. It means a great deal to me. I
recognized the aircraft as the RF-101C on display at the Air Force Museum at
Wright-Patterson AFB in Fairborn, OH.
My father worked on the development of the RF-101 in the AF Avionics
Laboratory at Wright Field during the 50’s. He was very proud of the
development and implementation teams and the aircraft’s capabilities and
accomplishments over Cuba and in SE Asia. He spent a lot of time keeping me
out of the ejection seat when I was about 5 years old! He was an old cold
warrior who left us last spring. He is remembered in the Avionics
Laboratory the Wall of Fame for his contributions to aerial and space based
reconnaissance.
Thanks again for the trip down memory lane.
Old November 14th 14, 06:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

wrote in :

McDonnell RF-101C 'Voodoo' SN: 56-166

reportedly, on display at the USAF museum Dayton
Old November 15th 14, 04:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

Mitchell Holman wrote in
planes were designed by people, not computers.

Perhaps that is a byproduct of growing up
in the 1850's for which I am always glad. A
most interesting time.

Man , you is older then I thought ! ;-)
Old November 15th 14, 01:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ŽiŠardo[_3_] ŽiŠardo[_3_] is offline
Banned

On 15/11/2014 03:09, Mitchell Holman wrote:
wrote in news
Thank you very much for the picture. It means a great deal to me. I
recognized the aircraft as the RF-101C on display at the Air Force
Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB in Fairborn, OH.
My father worked on the development of the RF-101 in the AF Avionics
Laboratory at Wright Field during the 50’s. He was very proud of the
development and implementation teams and the aircraft’s capabilities
and accomplishments over Cuba and in SE Asia. He spent a lot of time
keeping me out of the ejection seat when I was about 5 years old! He
was an old cold warrior who left us last spring. He is remembered in
the Avionics Laboratory the Wall of Fame for his contributions to
aerial and space based reconnaissance.
Thanks again for the trip down memory lane.

I have a soft spot for airplanes built
in that era, when jets were a new technology,
when struggles with materials and supersonic
speeds tested everyone's imagination and when
planes were designed by people, not computers.

Perhaps that is a byproduct of growing up
in the 1850's for which I am always glad. A
most interesting time.

Yes, you could have been around to see this:

"After having built several models (with an interruption to explore the
possibility of an Aerial Carriage of 1843), Cayley concentrated on
experiments with full-size gliders. He built his first full-size glider
in 1849 and initially carried out trials with ballast. Later that year,
the ten-year-old son of one his servants became the first person in
history to fly when he made a short flight in a Cayley glider.

Four years later, in 1853 and fifty years before the first powered
flight was made at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Cayley built a triplane
glider (a glider with three horizontal wing structures) that carried his
coachman 900 feet (275 meters) across Brompton Dale in the north of
England before crashing. It was the first recorded flight by an adult in
an aircraft."

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/cayley.html

RiŠardo

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures

Paintjobs 13 - F 101 Voodoo 2.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_8_] Aviation Photos 0 November 14th 14 02:05 PM
Voodoo Canuck[_10_] Aviation Photos 0 June 26th 11 03:55 AM
CF-101 Voodoo HDR Canuck[_10_] Aviation Photos 0 June 21st 11 06:16 PM
Voodoo Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 May 2nd 10 01:34 PM
Voodoo Fabio Aviation Photos 0 May 9th 09 09:32 PM