Games related to airplanes for children

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27th 05, 11:18 PM
Top Spin

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:43:16 -0700, "Tom Garrett"
wrote:

My grandson just turned 5 this month. When he comes over he either wants to
play Train Simulator(he is fascinated by trains!)

He also likes trains. I didn't notice train simulator before. Are you
talking about the Microsoft game?

Is it easier to use that flight simulator? Maybe I'll get that for him
first and then FS later.

Any peripherals needed for TS (joystick)?

or Flight Simulator(his
second fascination.) He is fairly good at flying, just can't land. But he
enjoys the takeoffs and flying around the sky.

That's encouraging.

If you can find a friend who
had Flight Sim, maybe your grandson could try it there.
Tom
"Top Spin" wrote in message
.. .
My grandson will be 8 in a month. He loves airplanes. He is also
pretty good on the computer. I was thinking of getting him a copy of
FS for his birthday, but after lurking on this ng for a few days, I am
concerned that the game is too complicated for an 8 year old.

I would appreciate any opinions on the appropriateness of FS for an 8
year old boy. If FS is not a good choice, I would appreciate
suggestions for other games involving ariplanes that would be.

He has a Windows 2000 computer.

Thanks

PS: Is there a ng that deals with children's games?

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)