Goldfish

Old March 3rd 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Goldfish

It was discovered recently
that taking of goldish
for glider rides
gives very splendid topic of conversation at the field
during the day, and in the bar or on the field drinking
locations in the even after flying.

Further, in two seaters it is easier to get females
to ride with a pilot when asked to fly as a crewmember,
in crew-role; whereupon she would hold the little fishies
in clear fishbag to do her duty for the pleasure of
the fish.

Women enjoy live creature care. Dont know why, but
they do.

Prepare with a clear plastic bag with a pint or two
of water and several gold fishies;

that gives the woman a proper
Sense Of Purpose
at the airfield
and
while she is aboard
with you being the Master Airman,
in your natural fearless commanding role. .

We did this in south Mississippi but the only fish
we could get our hands on in the rush of the time to
get the gliders ready to fly that day was a catfish
out of a muddy ditch, and we had to use large plastic
bag.

Only problem was we had to fly overgrossed
due to the only woman available to fly with me was
overlygrossed in and of herself.

Lawdy Lawdy Miss Claudy,
you dont know whatcha do to me. .

Be of good heart.

Jim Culp USA
GatorCity Florida
where it is 84F today,
with blue sky and cumulus
and migrating Sandhill Cranes going north wheelin
around on thermals and moving on back to V formation
as they turn north again and reform the
Vs pointed north. Beautiful sounds as they chortle.

They make plenty of beautiful noise as they climb and
glide.

Old March 3rd 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I see the winter (SAD) lack of flying is getting to you. Do you have the
correct tables ;-)

Don't worry summer and thermals are only weeks away (or months in my
case in the north of the UK)

Malcolm...

Old March 3rd 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In article , Jim Culp
wrote:

It was discovered recently
that taking of goldish
for glider rides
gives very splendid topic of conversation at the field
during the day, and in the bar or on the field drinking
locations in the even after flying.

Further, in two seaters it is easier to get females
to ride with a pilot when asked to fly as a crewmember,
in crew-role; whereupon she would hold the little fishies
in clear fishbag to do her duty for the pleasure of
the fish.

ROFLMAO!

Thanks Jim.

Hope to see those Sandhills over the Chattahoochee valley this weekend.
I always hear them before I see them...

Old March 3rd 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I can't begin to describe how inappropriate it is to use a creature like
this for your own pleasure.

Do you think the fish will have no pain when you subject them to atmospheric
pressure way below that to which they have evolved?

Chris

Old March 3rd 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Malcolm Austin wrote:
I see the winter (SAD) lack of flying is getting to you. Do you have the
correct tables ;-)

Don't worry summer and thermals are only weeks away (or months in my
case in the north of the UK)

Come to (normally) sunny Queensland (in Australia for the Geographically
Challenged) where we fly all year round. I have had 10kts to 10,000 in
July (midwinter here in the southern hemisphere) out on the Darling
Downs (a couple of hours drive from Brisbane).

Mind you, we are currently experiencing 'not quite a cyclone' (aka
hurricane in the northern hemisphere) which has been lashing the coast
but unfortunately dropping most of its rain out to sea and not on the
country side, where it is much needed by the farmers and the reservoirs!

It should clear today - I am spending a week from tomorrow cross country
instructing for a load of visitors at our club.

Robert
Old March 4th 06, 09:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

But humans don't have an air bladder inside them for control of buoyancy.

"Jack" wrote in message
. com...
Chris Wedgwood wrote:
I can't begin to describe how inappropriate it is to use a creature like
this for your own pleasure.

Do you think the fish will have no pain when you subject them to
atmospheric pressure way below that to which they have evolved?

We evolved pretty well in the bottom 7 feet of our atmosphere.

Let the little darlings reach for the stars. Who knows what they might
become?

Jack

Old March 4th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Greg Arnold wrote:
Is the water pressure on a fish at 18,000' different from that at sea
level?

Half.

Jack
Old March 4th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Chris Wedgwood wrote:
But humans don't have an air bladder inside them for control of buoyancy.

You mean those fish can't evacuate their bladders?

Maybe there's a market for relief systems for fish.

Jack
Old March 5th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Chris Wedgwood wrote:
But humans don't have an air bladder inside them for control of buoyancy.

My dog does.