Consequence of shifting carry-on luggage to checked luggage for aircraft weight

Old August 15th 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Consequence of shifting carry-on luggage to checked luggage for aircraft weight

Indiana has decent gun laws, just get a hotel brochure.

"Emily" wrote in message
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| Yes, you are required to be the only person with a key.
You
| must declare the firearm at check-in, state that it is
| unloaded and you have the only key for the bag or case.
| They give you a ticket to put inside the bag as proof
you
| did declared the firearm.
|
| You can carry a small quantity of ammunition, 10 pounds
in
| most cases, packed in secure manner, that includes
factory
| boxes. Each airline has "company rules" but the FAA
allows
| the carriage of legal firearms and the BATF rules allow
| transport as long as your destination is a place where
the
| firearm is legal for you to possess. If your flight
goes
| through NYC or Boston, your destination had better be
New
| Hampshire or Vermont.
|
| Too bad a lot of my commercial flights are into ORD. I
thought you'd

Old August 15th 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:44:02 -0500, Emily
wrote:
When you say "locked", do you mean locked so that the TSA can't get in?
Or do you still have to use the universal lock?

Nope, completely locked... If they want to open it, they have to find
you and get you to unlock it... If they can't find you, your bag might
not make it on the flight though... Personally, I stand by the x-ray
machine and wait for them to allow it to go through... If they have a
problem with it, I'm there to unlock it...
Old August 15th 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:31:28 -0500, Emily
wrote:
Too bad a lot of my commercial flights are into ORD. I thought you'd
found a way for the TSA to stop stealing my suff.

So they're into ORD, what's the big deal? You put a set of grips or
grip screws into your luggage, declare it as a firearm, and go
wherever you want... Even if it is some ****ed up location where they
have anti-2nd-Amendment laws, you're cool since the local laws are
very explicit about what is a firearm and a pair of grips or grip
screws are not classified by such by any locality by any stretch of
their imagination... Only the TSA is so ****ed up that they can't
decide what minimally constitutes a firearm...

The thing is, what *really* constitutes a firearm? A receiver is
often useless without a barrel... A barrel is no more than a fancy
piece of pipe... What about a bang stick? With it, you have little
more than a very short barrel and a fixed firing pin on a cap... For a
revolver, the frame doesn't do much good without the cylinder... And
if all you had was a cylinder, you would be hard pressed to utilize it
as a firearm... Well, you probably *could*, but a short piece of pipe
would probably work better...

When I'm carrying in my luggage, I put my firearm in a locked plastic
case and then I also lock the luggage that the plastic case is put
into...
Old August 15th 06, 10:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_1_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 04:54:38 GMT, Grumman-581 wrote:

You've got a point, though. Maybe someone should suggest to them that
they need to start giving all passengers rectal exams before they board.

The TSA is already ****ing us... And you call it a "rectal exam"...
You're kinky, Emily...

it is good to be kinky :-()

AFAIK you are only reimbursed a certain amount of money per kilo of luggage
when lost. So now you are forced to check in your laptop (be sure to
encrypt your harddrive [1]). You only get this per kilo price when the
laptop got lost.

Other point: there has to be the name on the prescription or on the meds -
matching your name on the ticket. Well, it is uncommon in central Europe
that you keep your prescription (it goes to the insurance for
reimbursment), and nobody writes the name on the medicament (hell,
everybody can write his name on his medicaments).

travel by train might become more interesting here in central Europe.
distances are relative short, total time is similar, train has more
comfort.

#m

[1] if you use public means of communication then all your data is well
known by the US and British intelligence, so there is no real need for
encryption ...
--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough
Old August 15th 06, 10:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_1_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:35:16 GMT, Jose wrote:

The next terror device will be blue. They won't let you carry blue items.

nah! I vote for red.

#m
Old August 15th 06, 10:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_1_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:26:47 -0500, Emily wrote:

My brother's idea is just to make everyone fly naked.

http://www.naked-air.com/

#m
Old August 15th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

wrote:
Too bad a lot of my commercial flights are into ORD. I thought you'd
found a way for the TSA to stop stealing my suff.

So they're into ORD, what's the big deal?

Can't carry a firearm in the City of Chicago.
Old August 15th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Martin Hotze wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 04:54:38 GMT, Grumman-581 wrote:

You've got a point, though. Maybe someone should suggest to them that
they need to start giving all passengers rectal exams before they board.

The TSA is already ****ing us... And you call it a "rectal exam"...
You're kinky, Emily...

it is good to be kinky :-()

AFAIK you are only reimbursed a certain amount of money per kilo of luggage
when lost.

In the US, it's a flat rate of $2800. That doesn't cover my laptop AND
clothes, etc. Internationally, it's per weight, which still doesn't
cover it.

Other point: there has to be the name on the prescription or on the meds -
matching your name on the ticket. Well, it is uncommon in central Europe
that you keep your prescription (it goes to the insurance for
reimbursment)

Here, too. The pharmacy keeps the prescription. I wonder if anyone
even thinks of this stuff.
Old August 15th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

How do you "stand by" the X-ray machine with check baggage?
If you claim it has a firearm locked inside it must be
checked baggage.

"Grumman-581" wrote
in message

Old August 15th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Honest citizens can't carry a firearm in Chicago. The gang
bangers have no problem. Illinois is totally screwed up,
not just the gun laws either.