Meeting A Goose at 11,000 Ft.

Old December 23rd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BT

Default Meeting A Goose at 11,000 Ft.

Peter you are correct... my buddy was flying the Cessna and did not get out
of it.
The Baron Pilot was heads down and climbing into the blind side of the
straight and level Cessna, head on, lower right quadrant below engine
cowling. The right main gear of the Cessna 170 punched through and ripped
open the right side of the Baron. The Baron landed safely on a farmers
runway. The gear and wing strut was damaged causing the right wing to fail
and he spun in.

This is not a goose impact. The tear would not be so clean and straight.
BT

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
.. .
"Monk" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 2:33 am, "Morgans" wrote:
"Monk" wrote in message

I just received these images from a fellow pilot. Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in that seat.

"Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
day."

Try posting the picture, directly here, that is what this place is made
for.

At the least, pick something that does not require sign-up.
--
Jim in NC

Sorry about that teach!

Here's another try.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i5yu00&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rc4u4z&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ngsnwo&s=5

Monk

Those pics look a lot like the damage to a similar twin, several years
ago, that met with the main undercarriage of an opposing cessna.

Sorry that I can't find the old pics or article to verify.

Peter

Old December 23rd 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old December 23rd 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BT

It is not a goose..
It is a mid air between the Baron climbing head on into the blind side of a
Cessna 180 just west of Tehachapi CA. The right main of the Cessna went
through the right side windshield and opened up the Baron like a can opener.
The Baron pilot was climbing and was heads down in the cockpit. The Cessna
was straight and level, the Baron climbing up into his blind spot below the
right side engine cowling and panel. The right main and right wing lift
strut failed, causing the right wing to fail and he spun in. He never got
out. He was a friend and co-worker.
The Baron landed on a farmers runway.

BT

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7kpav3

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7hb8ps

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=2&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7zx4v4

Old December 23rd 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darkwing

"Monk" wrote in message
I just received these images from a fellow pilot. Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in that seat.

"Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
day."

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7kpav3

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7hb8ps

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=2&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7zx4v4

One of the Cessna 172SP rental planes where I fly at did hit a goose, it
busted out the front windscreen, the passenger was covered in goose blood
and guts but it landed safety and was repaired. The plane only had a couple
hundred hours when it happened.

Old December 23rd 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Morgans schrieb:

Try posting the picture, directly here, that is what this place is made
for.

no, NOT 'here'. There are no binaries welcome in rec.aviation.*

#m

Old December 24th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
B A R R Y[_2_]

Darkwing wrote:

One of the Cessna 172SP rental planes where I fly at did hit a goose, it
busted out the front windscreen, the passenger was covered in goose blood
and guts but it landed safety and was repaired. The plane only had a couple
hundred hours when it happened.

That wasn't the woman who just got her PP-ASEL and was taking her
husband up as her first pax, was it?

Our local CAP wing had a goose hit the LE of a brand new C182 wing. The
wing needed reskinning, but the plane landed safely.
Old December 24th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darkwing

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Darkwing wrote:

One of the Cessna 172SP rental planes where I fly at did hit a goose, it
busted out the front windscreen, the passenger was covered in goose blood
and guts but it landed safety and was repaired. The plane only had a
couple hundred hours when it happened.

That wasn't the woman who just got her PP-ASEL and was taking her husband
up as her first pax, was it?

Our local CAP wing had a goose hit the LE of a brand new C182 wing. The
wing needed reskinning, but the plane landed safely.

It was a couple years ago now, the plane is a rental out of KMQJ. I don't
know the specifics of who was in the aircraft I am just friends with the
owner (who leases it back to the FBO and wasn't on board).

Old December 24th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monk

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i5yu...ic=2ngsnwo&s=5

Monk

Those pics look a lot like the damage to a similar twin, several years ago,
that met with the main undercarriage of an opposing cessna.

Sorry that I can't find the old pics or article to verify.

Peter

Peter D et all, thanks for pointing that out. I did have doubts while
looking for feathers and blood stains on the impact area and not
finding any.

Monk

Old December 25th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anyolmouse

"Monk" wrote in message
| I just received these images from a fellow pilot. Good thing there
| wasn't a copilot in that seat.
|
| "Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
| day."

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

| http://tinyurl.com/7kpav3

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

| http://tinyurl.com/7hb8ps

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=2&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

| http://tinyurl.com/7zx4v4

There was a goose strike several years back in OKC where the
co-pilot/passenger was killed. I think it was a C-310 making a high
speed descent into Wiley Post. There were some pictures in the newspaper
showing the goose remains strung out in the back seat and of the
windscreen damage. Anybody else recall this with maybe more details?

--
Anyolmouse

Paintjobs, pt 3 - goose.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 February 12th 07 01:15 PM
Spook Goose C5X [email protected] General Aviation 1 November 29th 06 04:31 AM
Meeting an Ace Jay Honeck Piloting 8 April 7th 06 08:44 PM
Goose at FL 360???? A Lieberman Piloting 49 November 15th 05 12:08 AM
BLUE GOOSE Cribsheet Owning 0 September 7th 04 06:38 PM