studying aviation

Old October 31st 10, 04:27 PM
fernando borderas fernando borderas is offline
Junior Member

Default studying aviation

Hello my name is Fernando Im Spanish, I am 17 years old and I love aviation. It is now time to look for a good aviation school or university. I was looking for some school in Florida and there are many of them so I get confused with so many schools, can someone help me with some advices of good schools in Florida to become an airline pilot. Thank you

Fernando
Old October 31st 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:27:49 +0000, fernando borderas wrote:

Hello my name is Fernando Im Spanish, I am 17 years old and I love
aviation. It is now time to look for a good aviation school or
university. I was looking for some school in Florida and there are many
of them so I get confused with so many schools, can someone help me with
some advices of good schools in Florida to become an airline pilot.

Florida is a big state, best you limit your ST to certain geographies.

For instance, I fly out of the Ft. Myers/Naples/Marco Island area and
between May and mid Oct, you will see frequent thunderstorms daily.
This can really cut into your available training time and the
continuity of training.

Central Florida (Ocala, Orlando, etc) isn't anywhere as near stormy
especially as you push inland from the Atlantic and the Gulf.

You're going to find S. Florida (Miami/FLL/ etc) pricey and, again,
weather is an issue anywhere south of a line drawn from Tampa to the
Atlantic.

If you have questions about a specific flight school, ask, I know
quite a few pilots who have experiences all over Florida and Atlanta
SMSA.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old November 1st 10, 05:44 AM
fernando borderas fernando borderas is offline
Junior Member

I have look for some schools such as Phoenix East Aviation, Embry riddle(too expensive), Crystal Aero Group, Aerosim and some colleges... What school would you recomend me ? Do you think is better to make a degree for example of a 4 year program in aviation?
Thank you,
Fernando
Old November 1st 10, 08:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old November 1st 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

fernando borderas wrote:

I have look for some schools such as Phoenix East Aviation, Embry
riddle(too expensive), Crystal Aero Group, Aerosim and some colleges...
What school would you recomend me ? Do you think is better to make a
degree for example of a 4 year program in aviation?
Thank you,
Fernando

Quite possibly, or even a 2-year program. The College of
Southern Nevada has a good 2-year program in Aviation that is really
good. As far as 4-year programs go, you may also want to check the
University of Oklahoma, University of Nebraska at Omaha, and University
of North Dakota. I know that UOK and UNO have their own separate
aviation institutes that concentrate completely on it, and are state
funded. I believe UND is as well, but haven't been there personally to
see. But UNO, CSN, and UOK are very good schools with solid aviation
programs.

Add: Purdue, Ohio State and University of Illinois.
Old November 1st 10, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim[_26_]

On 11/1/2010 11:02 AM, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In ,
A Guy Called wrote:

fernando borderasfernando.borderas.7142500@aviationbanter. com wrote:

[...]

Also, Southern Illinois University Carbondale has an outstanding
aviation program.
Old November 1st 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Oct 31, 12:27*pm, fernando borderas fernando.borderas.
wrote:
Hello my name is Fernando Im Spanish, I am 17 years old and I love
aviation. It is now time to look for a good aviation school or
university. I was looking for some school in Florida and there are many
of them so I get confused with so many schools, can someone help me with
some advices of good schools in Florida to become an airline pilot.
Thank you

Fernando

--
fernando borderas

There is a critical metric you may want to think about as you consider
a school. Ask the several you are especially interested in about their
placement history. They should be able to tell you about the job
offers their recent graduates have had. The bottom line is you are
choosing a school that will prepare you for a career, so choose one
that has a history of getting its students placed in a career field
similar to the one you are most interested in.
Old November 1st 10, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

On 10/31/2010 11:27 AM, fernando borderas wrote:
Hello my name is Fernando Im Spanish, I am 17 years old and I love
aviation. It is now time to look for a good aviation school or
university. I was looking for some school in Florida and there are many
of them so I get confused with so many schools, can someone help me with
some advices of good schools in Florida to become an airline pilot.
Thank you

Fernando

A person who expects to have a serious stake in becoming an airline
pilot had better expect to gain an undergraduate degree as well as an
ATP. If he is interested in gaining these prizes in the US rather
than say Brazil - it would be good to look over a list of best buys.

I seem to recall that UNorth Dakota has a very respectable program,
and there are two Oklahoma locations in the running. Spartan(Tulsa)
and the SE Okla university college (whose name I am not presently
recalling.) I have in mind a price tag of $60K plus.

Sincerely

Brian W
Old November 1st 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bug Dout

fernando borderas writes:

I have look for some schools such as Phoenix East Aviation, Embry
riddle(too expensive), Crystal Aero Group, Aerosim and some colleges...
What school would you recomend me ? Do you think is better to make a
degree for example of a 4 year program in aviation?
Thank you,
Fernando

What is your purpose or goal for aviation? Do you want a professional
aviation career? Have you considered joining your country's military Air
Force? If you want a professional career, a 4-year degree might be best.
--
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes
wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
Old November 1st 10, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 05:44:25 +0000, fernando borderas wrote:

I have look for some schools such as Phoenix East Aviation, Embry
riddle(too expensive), Crystal Aero Group, Aerosim and some colleges...
What school would you recomend me ? Do you think is better to make a
degree for example of a 4 year program in aviation?
Thank you,
Fernando

Better academically, yes. Required, not really but if I was going to
fly commercially, I would have pursued a 4 yr program as a minimum
gaining my PPL along the way.

Everglades U has an Orlando campus and I know of a couple opf
graduates who speak highly of ti. They also have two other campuses if
you want to move around a bit.

Most importantly, see which schools can assist with financial aid (if
necessary) and which have had the best luck in placements. The
airlines often favor certain schools. do this /not/ by numbers of
placements but by % of students graduated.
--
Good luck for good weather! Clean-up coordinator @ email =
to volunteer or additional information.