Meeting A Goose at 11,000 Ft.

Old December 22nd 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monk

Default Meeting A Goose at 11,000 Ft.

I just received these images from a fellow pilot. Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in that seat.

"Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
day."

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7kpav3

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7hb8ps

http://co120w.col120.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=2&messageId=d5a62c0a-e892-4564-957f-41edb7b39388&Aux=44|0|8CB2EEC85F0D880|

http://tinyurl.com/7zx4v4

Old December 22nd 08, 07:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Monk" wrote in message
I just received these images from a fellow pilot. Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in that seat.

"Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
day."

Try posting the picture, directly here, that is what this place is made
for.

At the least, pick something that does not require sign-up.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 22nd 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monk

On Dec 22, 2:33*am, "Morgans" wrote:
"Monk" wrote in message

I just received these images from a fellow pilot. *Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in that seat.

"Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
day."

*Try posting the picture, directly here, that is what this place is made
for.

At the least, pick something that does not require sign-up.
--
Jim in NC

Sorry about that teach!

Here's another try.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i5yu00&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rc4u4z&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ngsnwo&s=5

Monk
Old December 22nd 08, 07:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monk

"Monk" wrote in message

I just received these images from a fellow pilot. *Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in that seat.

"Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
day."

*Try posting the picture, directly here, that is what this place is made
for.

At the least, pick something that does not require sign-up.
--
Jim in NC

Youngman, you are up late again on a school night. g

Monk
Old December 22nd 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Smith

Morgans wrote:

Try posting the picture, directly here, that is what this place is made
for.

No, this place, whatever you mean by "this place" was *not* made to post
binaries. Actually, many usenet hosts block binaries.
Old December 22nd 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Monk" wrote in message

I just received these images from a fellow pilot. Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in that seat.

"Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
day."

Try posting the picture, directly here, that is what this place is made
for.

At the least, pick something that does not require sign-up.
--
Jim in NC

Sorry about that teach!

Here's another try.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i5yu00&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rc4u4z&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ngsnwo&s=5

Monk

Those pics look a lot like the damage to a similar twin, several years ago,
that met with the main undercarriage of an opposing cessna.

Sorry that I can't find the old pics or article to verify.

Peter

Old December 22nd 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Monk" wrote

Youngman, you are up late again on a school night. g

Nahhh!

Tomorrow begins Christmas break, in NC ! ! ! Yeaaaaah!

Young? I wish!

Sorry for being so quick, and saying to post it. I thought I was still on
binaries.pictures.aviation!

It is hard to believe that much damage was only a goose. I'll bet that is a
repost of the landing gear vs. plane roof pictures.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 22nd 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bryan Martin[_2_]

I've seen those pictures before too. Here they are on Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/birdshot.asp
Sorry, no bird strike, it was a mid air with a Cessna.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i5yu...ic=2ngsnwo&s=5

Old December 22nd 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"John Smith" wrote in message
Morgans wrote:

Try posting the picture, directly here, that is what this place is made
for.

No, this place, whatever you mean by "this place" was *not* made to post
binaries. Actually, many usenet hosts block binaries.

Yep. I miss-spoke. I thought I was still in binaries.pictures.aviation.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 22nd 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gene Seibel

On Dec 22, 12:04*am, Monk wrote:
I just received these images from a fellow pilot. *Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in that seat.

"Yikes! Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. And 185 kts can ruin your whole
day."

It was a midair collision with a C180. See:

http://www.rapp.org/archives/category/aviation/mishaps/

Scroll down to "Convertible Baron" near bottom of page.

http://ships.bouwman.com/Planes/MidAir.html

--
Gene Seibel
Tales of flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html

Paintjobs, pt 3 - goose.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 February 12th 07 01:15 PM
Spook Goose C5X [email protected] General Aviation 1 November 29th 06 04:31 AM
Meeting an Ace Jay Honeck Piloting 8 April 7th 06 08:44 PM
Goose at FL 360???? A Lieberman Piloting 49 November 15th 05 12:08 AM
BLUE GOOSE Cribsheet Owning 0 September 7th 04 06:38 PM