The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

Old June 7th 14, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Friday, June 6, 2014 12:18:03 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I'm connecting the 10 pin mini usb from the Avier V2/ Vertica V2 to the V7.

Has anyone installed their own male RJ45 connector on a mini USB to connect the V2 to the LXNAV V7?

I need the pin assignments for both.

I think I can help since I've made a working cable. I can't post a diagram, but if you get out a piece of paper you can draw what I describe. I used the pinout diagrams from the LXNAV V7 and Vertica V2 manuals as sources. There is also a USB 10 pin cable diagram at Glidertools.

First draw the RJ45 port of the V7. The key (indentation) is at the top. Label the pins from 1 to 8 left to right. Pins 1 and 2 are GND. Draw an X through pins 3 and 4 because they are RS-232 higher voltage pins and you do not want to fry the V2 which uses LV-TTL. Next mark pin 5 RX-1 (V7 input) and pin 6 TX-1 (V7 output). Pins 7 and 8 are +5v.

Next draw the 10 pin USB mini port on the V2. It has a two long sides, one of which is a bit longer. Put the longer side on the top. Across the top label pins 2,4,6,8,10 and across the bottom label pins 1,3,5,7,9. Remember that this is the view of the port on the V2 NOT the pinout of the male cable. Pin 2 is +5v which should be connected to pin 7 or 8 of the V7. Pin 10 of the V2 is the GND, and that should be connected to pin 1 or 2 of the V7. Pin 7 on the V2 is the TX for Com 7 and should be connected to pin 5 of the V7. Finally, pin 9 of the V2 is the RX for Com 7 and should be connected to pin 6 of the V7. If you want COM 8 use pin 1 instead of 7 and 3 instead of 9 on the V2).

Remember that when you make the cable you have to stay oriented so that the male cable end is fitting into a mirror image female connector, so the numbers may appear reversed. The diagram you just made is the socket side of each connection

Just for the record I also got the LXNAV BT connector to work as well with the V2. It plugs into the same port, and there is one less cable. Most of the time, however, I use the cable because it keeps the V2 charged off the aircraft battery.

LXNAV V7 - Reviews? David Reitter Soaring 10 October 21st 14 12:41 AM
New LXNAV LX9000 Overview Video Paul Remde Soaring 0 April 21st 12 01:33 AM
LXNAV V7 Paul Remde Soaring 2 November 2nd 11 01:31 AM
LXNAV Nano and LX 9000 Overview Videos Available Paul Remde Soaring 3 February 28th 11 02:58 PM
HELP! Need offical Blanik L-13 Canopy Strap John Scott Soaring 4 March 3rd 08 06:03 AM