Chartering a jet for a round-trip "run"

Old January 3rd 05, 04:33 AM
Capt.Doug

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message But a plane that can carry 5-10
passengers is most likely going to be a jet.

A jet? Not neccessarily. Nine pax over 400 miles is usually a cabin-class
twin or a turboprop. The KingAir200 has the most name recognition.

In any case, my comments still stand.

Your comment about advertising is not right. The DOT has been fining persons
who hold out air transportation to the public without the proper
certifications. If you do not have an air taxi certificate, or are
officially recognized as a a broker, you are subject to fines.

D.

Old January 3rd 05, 03:49 PM
Mike Rapoport

No jet or twin turboprop can do the trip for $150 per person one way. A
Caravan probably could.

Mike
MU-2

wrote in message
ups.com...
There are a number of us living in the same metropolitan area who go to
the same large college about 400-plus miles away, with no direct
airline service between the cities. There are about 10 of us, give or
take. I am thinking this *might* be a sizable enough group to
potentially charter a jet from a suburban airport to College Town for
short trips home (i.e. Thanksgiving, etc.), thus saving us the headache
of driving and making the trip home a lot quicker.

Since there are potentially kids from the College Town area who also go
to school here, I was thinking of maybe advertising some form of
private charter service back-and-forth, so those kids could have a
direct hop home as well.

Questions:
1.) Is there a general market rate for rental of a smaller,
non-executive private aircraft?
2.) Would it be legal for me to "advertise" (I use the word in the
informal sense) this as a transportation service, without being filed
as an air carrier?
3.) Could this be done for, say, around $150/person each way, or even
less?

Just curious...

--ss

SF Bay Area Pilots - Want to share a trip to the X-Prize attempts? Brenor Brophy Piloting 1 September 16th 04 10:52 AM
4800nm trip complete! SeeAndAvoid Piloting 2 June 19th 04 05:58 PM
Toxic Depleted Uranium Rounds... for Brooks robert arndt Military Aviation 40 May 13th 04 03:06 AM
First long-distance trip Marc Piloting 2 December 16th 03 04:03 AM
Round the World trip in a motor glider Orval Fairbairn Piloting 0 July 13th 03 04:09 AM