Anyone seen this Google map feature?

Old March 7th 12, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
John Szalay[_2_]

Default Anyone seen this Google map feature?

Sam wrote in news:9rne9pFqp7U1@

John, are you trying to say something?

sorry got carried away in the moment .

as far as the plane on approach to HNL..
Plane & shadowing in Google Earth error

got a whole list of the GE issues like that..

Transparent airplane ( Wonder Women's jet )
49 0'20.23"N 2 33'16.70"E
you can see right through it.

Airplane in the parking lot, shadow on the roof
41 59'57.27"N 87 56'27.53"W

airplane, no shadow
40 45'49.34"N 73ø50'20.37"W

plane & shadow
36 4'35.47"N 115 8'29.05"W

plane level and shadow banking away
33 25'53.32"N 112 1'11.97"W

Old March 9th 12, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Juergen Tantau

50 03'05.11''N 8 36'59.63'' E

same airplane 3 times following itself, with 4 shadows
Old March 10th 12, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
a425couple

"John Szalay" john.szalayATatt.net wrote in message ...
Sam wrote in
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:06:49 -0500, Quaalude wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:04:01 -0500, Sam wrote:
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:
Got to be a joke.
Compass rose.

Compass Rose.

Compass Rose
34°57'14.79"N 117°52'23.69"W
Check the 2002 image

So, anyone care to tell this ignorant person what he is
seeing there?
At Edwards AFB, strange cloud, strange snow, or censoring?

Old March 10th 12, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
John Szalay[_2_]

"a425couple" wrote in news:jjekqk015m9
@news6.newsguy.com:

"John Szalay" john.szalayATatt.net wrote in message ...
Sam wrote in
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:06:49 -0500, Quaalude wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:04:01 -0500, Sam wrote:
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:
Got to be a joke.
Compass rose.
Compass Rose.

Compass Rose
34°57'14.79"N 117°52'23.69"W
Check the 2002 image

So, anyone care to tell this ignorant person what he is
seeing there?
At Edwards AFB, strange cloud, strange snow, or censoring?

a dry lake bed, lots and lots of dirt, the headings layed out years ago
are fading, thats why I suggested the 2002 image , the markings are
fresh & much clearer.
Old March 10th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
a425couple

"John Szalay" john.szalayATatt.net wrote in message...
"a425couple" wrote in
"John Szalay" john.szalayATatt.net wrote in message ...
Sam wrote in
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:06:49 -0500, Quaalude wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:04:01 -0500, Sam wrote:
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:
Got to be a joke.
Compass rose.
Compass Rose.

Compass Rose
34°57'14.79"N 117°52'23.69"W
Check the 2002 image

So, anyone care to tell this ignorant person what he is
seeing there?
At Edwards AFB, strange cloud, strange snow, or censoring?

a dry lake bed, lots and lots of dirt, the headings layed out years ago
are fading, thats why I suggested the 2002 image , the markings are
fresh & much clearer.

Thank you.
Duh! to me. Where area is quite flat, the white dirt border /edges
would be quite diffused / fuzy. Near higher ground & improvements
it would be (and is) clearly defined lines. Thanks again.

Old March 11th 12, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
John Szalay[_2_]

"a425couple" wrote in

a dry lake bed, lots and lots of dirt, the headings layed out years ago
are fading, thats why I suggested the 2002 image , the markings are
fresh & much clearer.

Thank you.
Duh! to me. Where area is quite flat, the white dirt border /edges
would be quite diffused / fuzy. Near higher ground & improvements
it would be (and is) clearly defined lines. Thanks again.

Very flat and dusty

examples of how flat and miles of dirt..

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/ace...fe27f4_landing
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/72b...b14882_landing

Old March 11th 12, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
a425couple

"John Szalay" john.szalayATatt.net wrote in message...
"a425couple" wrote in
a dry lake bed, lots and lots of dirt, the headings layed out years ago
are fading, thats why I suggested the 2002 image , the markings are
fresh & much clearer.

Thank you.
Duh! to me. Where area is quite flat, the white dirt border /edges
would be quite diffused / fuzy. Near higher ground & improvements
it would be (and is) clearly defined lines. Thanks again.

Very flat and dusty
examples of how flat and miles of dirt..

Is that similar to Bonneville salt flats?

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/ace...fe27f4_landing

Looks kind'a like the Pogo, but not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra-rotating_propellers
"The U.S. worked with several prototypes, including the A2J Super Savage,
the Boeing XF8B, the XP-56 Black Bullet and the tail-sitting Convair XFY
and Lockheed XFV "Pogo" VTOL fighters and the Hughes XF-11
reconnaissance plane, but jet engine technology was advancing rapidly ---"
Nor do any British the USAF might have borrowed for testing
look like that.

OK, John, if you would care to waste another post on me,
What is that in the picture?

Meanwhile, Hey, this one is a 'looker' !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_XB-42_Mixmaster

Old March 11th 12, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"a425couple" wrote:

"John Szalay" john.szalayATatt.net wrote in message ...
Sam wrote in
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:06:49 -0500, Quaalude wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:04:01 -0500, Sam wrote:
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:
Got to be a joke.
Compass rose.
Compass Rose.

Compass Rose
34°57'14.79"N 117°52'23.69"W
Check the 2002 image

So, anyone care to tell this ignorant person what he is
seeing there?
At Edwards AFB, strange cloud, strange snow, or censoring?

Compass rose for Rogers Dry Lake landing strip at Edwards AFB.
Old March 11th 12, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
John Szalay[_2_]

"a425couple" wrote in
:

"John Szalay" john.szalayATatt.net wrote in message...
"a425couple" wrote in
a dry lake bed, lots and lots of dirt, the headings layed out
years ago are fading, thats why I suggested the 2002 image , the
markings are fresh & much clearer.

Thank you.
Duh! to me. Where area is quite flat, the white dirt border /edges
would be quite diffused / fuzy. Near higher ground & improvements
it would be (and is) clearly defined lines. Thanks again.

Very flat and dusty
examples of how flat and miles of dirt..

Is that similar to Bonneville salt flats?

Not really,, but just as flat,, Bonneville is hard salt,
really hard salt.. had to use a chain saw to cut a
wire trough across the track to the timing printer tent.
never had dust at Bonneville. lots of rain, but no dust
( worked out there several tmes during world of speed)

the dry lake at Edwards AFB is hard dirt. & lots of dust
when disturbed.

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/ace...fe27f4_landing

Looks kind'a like the Pogo, but not.

OK, John, if you would care to waste another post on me,
What is that in the picture?

Douglas A2D Skyshark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_A2D_Skyshark

Old March 23rd 12, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Quaalude

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:35:14 -0500, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

Compass rose

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

New Feature for Spot Users Paul Remde Soaring 2 April 25th 08 08:39 PM
NY Times GA feature xxx Piloting 28 October 28th 07 03:51 PM
Best new feature at OSH Jim Smith Piloting 6 August 10th 05 04:22 PM
GPS Nearest Airport feature Chris W Piloting 25 March 7th 05 01:41 AM
TV-feature - "Rodeo in the Sky" Rene Heise Soaring 0 October 2nd 03 11:28 AM