Becker Radio Repair

Old August 23rd 05, 04:01 AM
Steve Leonard

Default Becker Radio Repair

Ted,
If you want to try wiring in a different mic (and flipping
a switch under the cover of the radio to change to
the other mic style setting), the wiring diagram is
available at:

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/AR4201%20Manual.pdf

Assuming here that it is a 4201 you have. Otherwise,
Rex's comments are good. Try installing an identical
radio and see if you have the same problem. I suspect
you will. I bet Rex or Tim or one of the guys could
get a replacement mic on its way to you tomorrow.,
as I suspect that is where your problem really is.

V2C coming soon, huh? Nice! I suspect you will like
it a LOT!

Steve

Old August 23rd 05, 04:38 AM

Steve,

[Second response ... groups dot google nuked my first hack ...]

I'll have to check on the model number. Currently checking around for
another Becker in the area to test with. But if new mics are cheap ...
maybe I'll just try one of those first; if it's not the problem, hey,
I'll have a spare. Tim, add one to my order!!!

Yeah, the V2C was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I watched that
glider pass me a number of times in the ASA contests, and I know how
well NC has taken care of it. The 304CZ has been a perfect first ship
for me but the 9.4lb max wing loading is really inadequate on strong SW
days...

-ted/2NO

Old August 23rd 05, 05:00 PM
Tim Mara

ON Becker AR3201 there is a jumper to switch between Dynamic (un-amplidfied)
microphones to Standard (Corbon, Amplified Dynamic and Electret)
mjicrophones..however, on the AR4201 there are different Pin-outs for the
different microphone types, it is NOT done by changing anything internal to
the radio!
The 3201 runs only one type mic at a time, the 4201 actually supports 4
microphones at one time, (2) standard and (2) Dynamic....Ted's radio will be
a 4201 for sure. the AR3201 has not been produced now for about 6-8 years
tim

"Steve Leonard" wrote in message
Ted,
If you want to try wiring in a different mic (and flipping
a switch under the cover of the radio to change to
the other mic style setting), the wiring diagram is
available at:

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/AR4201%20Manual.pdf

Assuming here that it is a 4201 you have. Otherwise,
Rex's comments are good. Try installing an identical
radio and see if you have the same problem. I suspect
you will. I bet Rex or Tim or one of the guys could
get a replacement mic on its way to you tomorrow.,
as I suspect that is where your problem really is.

V2C coming soon, huh? Nice! I suspect you will like
it a LOT!

Steve

Becker radio repair [email protected] Soaring 7 March 10th 10 03:14 PM
Becker radio repair Steve Leonard Soaring 2 August 23rd 05 02:25 AM
Dittel Radio Repair [email protected] Soaring 4 July 22nd 05 12:02 PM
I Hate Radios Ron Wanttaja Home Built 9 June 6th 05 05:39 PM
Calibrate? Repair? Adjust? RST Engineering Owning 3 April 4th 05 01:41 PM