A Rare P-39 restored in Adelaide - 9 News.wmv [1/7]

Old March 18th 10, 10:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

Default A Rare P-39 restored in Adelaide - 9 News.wmv [1/7]

Old March 19th 10, 03:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto[_3_]

I recently had to replace my old Dell laptop with a new computer. The
new one is furnidhed with Windows 7. Microsoft, in their infinite
wisdom, have left out Outlook Express from their latest and greatest
offering. I am now using Thunderbird to read the newsgroup, but as far
as I can determine it lacks the ability to combine multipart files.

Can anyone advise me on whether there is a way to induce Thunderbird to
do this, or can anyone suggest a newsreader that has the ability to
combine multipart files?

Thanks

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill
Old March 19th 10, 03:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Trajan[_2_]

Windows Live Mail does that, similar to OE. It's not great, not even as good
as OE but it works and the learning curve is maybe not as steep. Free DL
form MS website.
Bill Wolcott

Old March 19th 10, 01:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay

Indrek Aavisto wrote in
Can anyone advise me on whether there is a way to induce Thunderbird to
do this, or can anyone suggest a newsreader that has the ability to
combine multipart files?

Thanks

Indrek Aavisto

I use Xnews, on XP, not sure about windows 7
some folks like it, some don,t whatever your cup of tea..

can handle multipart files , but does so a little different and I think
that turns folks off .

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

Old March 19th 10, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Trajan" wrote

Windows Live Mail does that, similar to OE. It's not great, not even as
good as OE but it works and the learning curve is maybe not as steep. Free
DL form MS website.

I was not able to get my OE to play these files on Windows Media Player,
even after I combined it. I have combined files and viewed them many times
before, but it did not work for this set. Anyone else have any problems?
--
Jim in NC

Old March 19th 10, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Morgans" wrote in message
news

"Trajan" wrote

Windows Live Mail does that, similar to OE. It's not great, not even as
good as OE but it works and the learning curve is maybe not as steep.
Free DL form MS website.

I was not able to get my OE to play these files on Windows Media Player,
even after I combined it. I have combined files and viewed them many
times before, but it did not work for this set. Anyone else have any
problems?
--
Jim in NC

That's a worry.

I know this doesn't count for anything, but I just downloaded it myself, and
it worked fine. I use Windows Mail, which is like OE's special brother.

Maybe your player is missing a codec or two. As an experiment if you
haven't done this already, try VLC media player. So far I haven't found a
format or codec that it didn't like - or at least put up with.

http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-P...-10267151.html

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old March 20th 10, 07:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:54:08 +1030, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

"Morgans" wrote in message
news

"Trajan" wrote

[...]

Works here, and she is a Bell Belle indeed.

VLC will play just about anything. I spent an enjoyable hour watching
a peanut butter sandwich with it the other day - and the computer
wasn't even on... ahh, hypoxia.
Old March 20th 10, 08:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

"Dave Kearton" wrote (in part):

I was not able to get my OE to play these files on Windows Media Player,
even after I combined it. I have combined files and viewed them many
times before, but it did not work for this set. Anyone else have any
problems?
--
Jim in NC

That's a worry.

I know this doesn't count for anything, but I just downloaded it myself, and
it worked fine. I use Windows Mail, which is like OE's special brother.

Maybe your player is missing a codec or two. As an experiment if you
haven't done this already, try VLC media player. So far I haven't found a
format or codec that it didn't like - or at least put up with.

http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-P...-10267151.html

I've just downloaded it using Forte Agent. It did not appear as a
multi-part file so, presumably, Agent assembled it automatically.
Played OK in Windows Media Player.

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
Old March 20th 10, 11:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Saga

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
:

"Morgans" wrote in message
news

"Trajan" wrote

Windows Live Mail does that, similar to OE. It's not great, not even
as good as OE but it works and the learning curve is maybe not as
steep. Free DL form MS website.

I was not able to get my OE to play these files on Windows Media
Player, even after I combined it. I have combined files and viewed
them many times before, but it did not work for this set. Anyone
else have any problems?
--
Jim in NC

Also try SMPlayer that is a freebe download and appears to play most
formats.

Another freebe is Gspot that will tell you which codecs are required and
whether they are already installed.

Old March 20th 10, 01:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom_Horn

Default A Rare P-39 restored in Adelaide - 9 News.wmv [1/7] A

I've used various versions of Forte Agent over the years. It combines
multipart postings automatically & does yENC & UUE. Thr version I use
now is 6.0. After downloading it, the video played just fine in
Windows Media Player.
TH

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:10:30 +1030 Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:10:30 +1030,
"Dave Kearton" ,"Dave Kearton"