A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Flight Log Not Complete

Old September 5th 20, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Flight Log Not Complete

After my glider flight today I downloaded my flight log from the LX9050 to an SD card as usual. When uploading for an OLC claim I get the message "A clock jump was found in the recording. The flight was shortened from there". Only the last 7 minutes of the flight is indicated. It was a 3 hour flight and the file size is the about the same for my other flights of similar duration. I won't know if this is a one time thing or if there is a bigger problem until I fly again. Has anyone else had this happen?
Old September 5th 20, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster

Hi Terry,

I recommend updating the firmware in the LX9050 to the latest version. I think the date jump issue was fixed a while ago.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 10:05:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
After my glider flight today I downloaded my flight log from the LX9050 to an SD card as usual. When uploading for an OLC claim I get the message "A clock jump was found in the recording. The flight was shortened from there". Only the last 7 minutes of the flight is indicated. It was a 3 hour flight and the file size is the about the same for my other flights of similar duration. I won't know if this is a one time thing or if there is a bigger problem until I fly again. Has anyone else had this happen?

Old September 5th 20, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Yes, and if you have another logger, use it!Â* I have had one fail and
simply downloaded the other one.Â* Does whatever vario you use with your
LX have a flight recorder?Â* OLC is not world record stuff, after all.

On 9/5/2020 6:37 AM, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Terry,

I recommend updating the firmware in the LX9050 to the latest version. I think the date jump issue was fixed a while ago.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

--
Dan, 5J
Old September 5th 20, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

On Saturday, September 5, 2020 at 10:29:54 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Yes, and if you have another logger, use it!Â* I have had one fail and
simply downloaded the other one.Â* Does whatever vario you use with your
LX have a flight recorder?Â* OLC is not world record stuff, after all..

On 9/5/2020 6:37 AM, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Terry,

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

--
Dan, 5J

OLC needs to quit making up requirements that go beyond igc.

T8
Old September 5th 20, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thomas Dixon
external usenet poster

On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 9:05:07 PM UTC-6, wrote:

This happened to me with my ClearNav. I was turning off my instrument shortly after landing and then turning it back on later to download flight. The last roughly 20 minutes would be missing. I contacted Rex Williams and was told this would happen if I turned it off right after landing for some software reason the last few minutes would not record. I now wait until I am clear of the runway and back at the trailer then download and turn it off.. No longer have any missing flight track.
Boise. ID
Old September 5th 20, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Saturday, September 5, 2020 at 1:43:44 PM UTC-6, Thomas Dixon wrote:
On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 9:05:07 PM UTC-6, wrote:

This happened to me with my ClearNav. I was turning off my instrument shortly after landing and then turning it back on later to download flight. The last roughly 20 minutes would be missing. I contacted Rex Williams and was told this would happen if I turned it off right after landing for some software reason the last few minutes would not record. I now wait until I am clear of the runway and back at the trailer then download and turn it off. No longer have any missing flight track.
Boise. ID

That's quite a buffer lag to write to storage, but it's exists to some extent in other loggers. Accident flight logs are sometimes missing the final moments due to power interruption before the buffer writes to storage.

Frank Whiteley
Old September 6th 20, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Edmonds
external usenet poster

On Saturday, September 5, 2020 at 7:37:47 AM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Terry,

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Paul; Today I updated the LX9050 firmware to the latest version 800. The previously installed version was 607. Do you believe the date jump fix was between those two versions? I flew a short 40 minute test flight and the log was good on it.

Terry
Old September 6th 20, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Check the logging interval. (He said the file was the correct size. The data is there.) By changing your logging interval from 1 second to 4 when you load the file onto the SD card from the 9050 the clock jump gets overlooked and you can get OLC to accept your flight. Act quickly!

Doug
W24
Old September 7th 20, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Bralla
external usenet poster

OLC needs to quit making up requirements that go beyond igc.

T8

True but maybe ClearNav needs to fix their problems.