Time to earn license for professionals

Old September 19th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Time to earn license for professionals

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

I took a J3 all the way down the East coast to Key West once. Lowered the
side door panel and flew the beaches down low. At Hilton Head I throttled
back and traded "hello's" with a young couple on the beach as I went by.
Man, you can't BUY those days again :-))

How long ago was that?

Old September 19th 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Matt Barrow" wrote

OTOH, Morgans is just a half-wit punk whose total capacity is merely
barfing back something shoved down his throat. When someone points it out,
he runs home to mommy.

At least I am not such an obnoxious human (I hesitate to use that term with
you) that I do not alienate nearly everyone I have contact with.

I am always happy to learn something from reading this group. Many people
have much to offer, and I listen too what they have to say, and if it is
good information, I attempt to remember it. You, on the other hand, do not
have to try to learn anything, because you know it all, already. I can't
remember when you have contributed anything other than insults and your
incorrect or one-sided observations.

It must be lonely being so right all the time, as you tell us repeatedly,
you are.

You should try not to be such a blowhard. You are consuming oxygen that
someone else could make better use of.

Next time you call someone a half-wit punk, step out of behind the mirror.
You are seeing your reflection; a perfect definition of the term.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 19th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Yeah, I've always hankered after a clipped t-craft. He's still the best
I've ever seen. Had a few a-65 powered airplanes over the years and
that was one of the best. Loved my Luscombes the best, though.

The 8A was a fine airplane....strong too. Snapped like a Pitts :-))

!!! Not any Pitts I flew! Not unless you enterd at a fairly high speed,
anyway.
They weren't as strong as their reputation would lead you to believe,
though. A number of ADs over the years make me cringe when I think of what
I used to do in my old pre war ragwing model 8 (it wasn't even an 8a,
though it had been converted to 65 HP when I got it) Quick though, and very
satisfying to fly. I'd still loop and barrel roll one even as old as they
are, though.. No snap manuevers, though!

Bertie

Not REALLY as fast as a Pitts :-)). That's why I attached that little
smilie thingy :-))
You could get a decent snap out of the 8A by breaking the stall in a
little early to accelerate it a bit holding in the back stick, then
throw in full inside rudder AND full aileron as the stall broke.
Actually went around pretty fast for the length of the wings.
Barrel rolls are beautiful in just about any airplane.
Never flew the 8. Just the 8A, and that just a few times. Fellow on the
field had one and wanted some acro dual. Mainly I just wanted to make
sure he had his entry speeds down pat so he didn't stress it.
Nice little airplane.

Dudley Henriques
Old September 19th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:14:35 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote in
:

You could get a decent snap out of the 8A by breaking the stall ...

I don't recall the Luscomb nor the Taylorcraft being certified for
aerobatics. Did you two fellows have an FAA waiver for aerobatics in
the aircraft in question, or were they registered in the experimental
category?
Old September 19th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:14:35 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote in
:

You could get a decent snap out of the 8A by breaking the stall ...

I don't recall the Luscomb nor the Taylorcraft being certified for
aerobatics. Did you two fellows have an FAA waiver for aerobatics in
the aircraft in question, or were they registered in the experimental
category?

The Luscombe 8A (I don't believe the 8 ) had a letter of limited
aerobatic capability from the CAA dated 1947 included in the aircraft's
operating manual. This letter listed specific aerobatic maneuvers
approved for the 8A after joint tests between Luscombe and the CAA were
performed.
The limit load factors both ways if I remember right were -2.2 to + 4.5.
The airplane was never certified in the aerobatic category however, and
even the limited aerobatics approved for the airplane were approved
suggesting a high degree of skill if these maneuvers were to be attempted.
That's all I remember about the airplane. Perhaps Bertie, having owned
them has more detailed data for you.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old September 19th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Matt Barrow wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
I took a J3 all the way down the East coast to Key West once. Lowered the
side door panel and flew the beaches down low. At Hilton Head I throttled
back and traded "hello's" with a young couple on the beach as I went by.
Man, you can't BUY those days again :-))

How long ago was that?

A LONG time ago in a galaxy far far away.................
:-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old September 19th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:14:35 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote in
:

You could get a decent snap out of the 8A by breaking the stall ...

I don't recall the Luscomb nor the Taylorcraft being certified for
aerobatics. Did you two fellows have an FAA waiver for aerobatics in
the aircraft in question, or were they registered in the experimental
category?

Get a grip Larry. All aircraft built before 49 are allowed to do
aerobatics. Some cub handbooks has directions on how to do loops.

Bertie
Old September 19th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:
[...]

They were good for considerably more than that on paper, but the CAA didn't
realy have an aerobatic category back then, so almost everything was legal.
The handbook did indeed have a list of entry speeds and some have competed
(not very well) in the sportsman class. Unlike the T-Cart, of course, one
of which won the '66 (?) world championship.
As you said, the t-craft would still be competitive today if vertical stuff
didn't get as many points as the did.. Now where are those Swick plans...

Bertie
Old September 19th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Time to earn license for professionals (Appologies, Mea Culpa, and adios)

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
RST Engineering wrote:
Sorry, Dudley, I got my CFI (airplane) 37 years ago and my CFI (glider)
30 years ago. I have roughly 500 primary students under my belt, so no,
I know for a fact that the classroom on the ground and the classroom in
the air are two totally different things. My point was that I've
learned to adapt to many different learning capabilities in both
environments.

Jim

I can see there is absolutely nothing you can learn from me so I'll be
moving along :-))

Or anybody else, apparently.

Old September 19th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Time to earn license for professionals (Apologies, Mea Culpa, and adios)

RST Engineering wrote:
Sorry, Dudley, I got my CFI (airplane) 37 years ago and my CFI (glider)
30 years ago. I have roughly 500 primary students under my belt, so
no, I know for a fact that the classroom on the ground and the
classroom in the air are two totally different things. My point was
that I've learned to adapt to many different learning capabilities in
both environments.

Jim

I can see there is absolutely nothing you can learn from me so I'll be
moving along :-))

Or anybody else, apparently.

Too quick on the SEND button!

My apologies to all (especially Dude) for my too quick read of Dudley's
remarks!

My wife heard me grumbling in the den and told me to "knock it off".

As a partial explanation, my meds are making me grumpy, crabby, lightheaded
(more so than normal according to many) and my attention span is greatly
reduced.

Those meds, BTW, are a second run at fixing the tumor that I had removed a
bit over a year ago. Evidently, the docs didn't get everything, so they have
to go in again. If that doesn't get it, I'm really in deep doodoo.

So, I either have to knock of the groups where attention span is critical,
or knock off the meds. Unfortunately, that latter isn't an option.

Again, my apologies to Dud' and Jim [even the poophead he can be :~), ] and
we'll see you when recovery is complete.

Thanks for some very interesting conversation and information.

--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC.