All Soaring Participants

Old September 30th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BB

Default All Soaring Participants

As an aside: *The failsafe way to gauge whether or not Club Class
might increase racing participation is to poll every owner of a Club
Class glider (whether they be an active racer or not).

No, we should poll every person in the country, to see how many would
start flying gliders if we only put in a club class. No, poll everyone
in the world, to see how many will move to the US if only we had a
club class.

Seriously, there is a much better method. Club class advocates should
get off their butts and organize some "club class" contests, either
under regional or, better, super-regional rules, by waiver.
Demonstrate that there really is this group of potential competitors
who are somehow too put off by sports to fly contests, but really will
come out to fly club. That's a whole lot more failsafe than getting a
bunch of guys to send some emails, and carries a lot more weight than
this "you guys oughta" stuff.

John Cochrane
BB
Old September 30th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PMSC Member

On Sep 29, 9:01*pm, wrote:

FWIW
I asked in an earlier thread to indicate they would join contest
flying if there were a Club Class.
I suspect there may be some. As of yet, no response.
What Ray suggests goes well beyond the resources of the RC.
UH

I would be unlikely to fly Club at Regional level -- I prefer flying
15m even with old ship -- but would be interested in Club Class Nats.
Depends on rules. IMO, Club Class would have potential to yield
(much) better racing at Nats level than Sports.

As has been discussed elsewhere, Sports Class at regional level seems
to scratch the itch of a lot of guys, for a lot of different
reasons.

-T8
Old September 30th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sam Giltner[_1_]

At 01:26 30 September 2008, BB wrote:

As an aside: =A0The failsafe way to gauge whether or not Club Class
[...]

I agree with John! I don't fully understand the waiver but would be

willling to help get it organized.
Let's show the RC that the need for the Club Class is real. Anyone
interested please contact me.