Wing De-Icing Question

Old February 17th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cavedweller

Default Wing De-Icing Question

On Feb 17, 6:38*am, VOR-DME wrote:
In article ,
says...

I don't indulge with Bertie much either but in this thread I was
curious about what his reaction to a previous poster hence my question
to him. *I didn't realize I needed your permission to do that . *I
haven't seen your 'nym on here much in the past, and that's been
without benefit of filters.....just lucky, I guess.

OK I apologize.

Roger that........
..
Old February 17th 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cavedweller

On Feb 17, 12:43*am, Austin "The Geeker" Whitten ©¿©¬ aus...@geeks-
in-route.com wrote:

Yessir and that means you fukk up and post AssClown reponses to the
wrong peoples.

AssClown.
--
Austin Whitten, President; Geeks-In-Route, Inc;
3808 Gunn Hwy Ste C Tampa, FL 33618 866-661-GEEK Ext 701

Such a sterling contribution..............not.
Old February 17th 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Feb 17, 4:41*am, Dave Doe wrote:
In article 5ce52bc4-6f80-4f81-802a-dee4be16d346
@h20g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, says...

On Feb 16, 5:23*pm, Gezellig wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:42:52 -0800 (PST), Dudley Henriques wrote:
I belong to a world-wide flight safety work group that uses the base
all the time. It can be useful as you say. Our work is primarily
involved with the low altitude aerobatic display environment but many
in our community are airline people and have a great interest in
anything that enhances the learning curve safety wise.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that in our work group alone,
the interest in tailplane icing has increased since yesterday to the
point where information has been spreading throughout the low to
medium altitude turbo-prop scheduled and non- scheduled operations
world wide.
-DH

There's something radically wrong here. Of course the horz stabil can
ice, a tail can ice. Of course there should be a sh**load of info on it
but I'll be damned if I know where it is. POH? Cessna 15x or 17x?
Diamonds?

You're right. There should be much more written on the issue. NASA has
been working on it for quite a while now and in fact has done a film
piece on it for distribution throughout the aviation community.
Just in case you haven't seen the NASA piece, I've included a link on
it for you. It's worth watching!

A very good video, I have emailed it to some Air New Zealand folk, and
hope they distribute it around.

--
Duncan

Flight safety works in many mysterious ways sometimes. An accident
always causes discussion and movement in the community. The
speculation of course is seldom useful and can actually be detrimental
in certain cases, but the exposure and subsequent distribution of
flight safety issues like tailplane icing that don't get much press
every day can be a VERY positive factor in increasing awareness of
these issues.
Spreading the word is always helpful.
-DH
Old July 4th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

VOR-DME wrote in
:

In article
,
says...

The NASA study on tail stall notwithstanding?

In this case I think Gezellig is right.

And, it appears, you were both wrong...

Bertie