say again-- RA parties

Old July 21st 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

Default say again-- RA parties

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Wednesday afternoon and evening, after the airshow
North 40 airplane parking/camping
Jay & Mary Honeck's camping spot
N56993

Entry is free but a 6 pack of good beer is appreciated.
Stop by early if you want, we'll be there setting up and grilling. in
message

This has not been a problem in the past, but I wanted to get it out there,
anyway.

This is a "rec.aviation" cookout.

By all means bring your co-pilot, a co-worker, a co-volunteer who's hungry
and tired, a friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, kids, interesting guest
("Oui Oui"), etc, but please DO NOT round up all your fellow campers,
hallmates, RV group, or EAA Chapter mates, etc.

Thanks much. It'll help us keep a handle on things.

That said, we "especially" like meeting LURKERS at the Rec.Aviation* N40
Party! That's always fun!

Lurkers, it's time to de-lurk! ...so, eat, drink and say "Hi" ...or just
stand around, quietly, and listen to the hangar lying all evening. :-)

Montblack

Old July 21st 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

By all means bring your ... interesting guest ("Oui Oui"),...

Sorry, The Little French Girl just departed for JFK.
She received her ERJ-145 type certification last Friday.
She flies her first trip as a professional airline pilot tomorrow, as an
observer.
Beginning Sunday, and for all of AirVenture week, she will be flying the
line as FO.
She is living the American Dream. Five years from PPL to the right seat
of a major airline.
Old July 22nd 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

"Montblack" wrote:

Lurkers, it's time to de-lurk! ...so, eat, drink and say "Hi" ...or just
stand around, quietly, and listen to the hangar lying all evening. :-)

That would be me! Looking forward to seeing all you folks. We were there 3 years ago, but haven't made
it since. We got the plane packed this afternoon in our 118 degree heat, and I'm not sure we have room
for much Arizona beer, but we'll try. We're launching for Iowa City at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning,
OSH on Sunday.

Mike
Old July 22nd 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("Mike Adams" wrote)
That would be me! Looking forward to seeing all you folks. We were there
3 years ago, but haven't made it since. We got the plane packed this
afternoon in our 118 degree heat, and I'm not sure we have room for much
Arizona beer, but we'll try. We're launching for Iowa City at o'dark
thirty tomorrow morning, OSH on Sunday.

You were there with Dad, IIRC.

Some Jack Allison news:

Jack and his Arrow full of Allisons called me around 4:30pm CST (2:30pm
where he was at - Ogden, Utah). The had a fuel stop, told the guy to fill it
to the tabs, and went in to eat. When they came out, tanks were full. 14
gallons too many. Off-load, off-load. Heat, Heat.

It was hot, and they were smelling like fuel, so Jack said, "I have an idea,
let's hit the pool."

So they're staying put in Ogden, Utah tonight. He said he had headwinds on
the nose all morning and was seeing Cessna Skyhawk ground speeds.

He was dealing with HIGH density altitude numbers too. I think he said Elko,
Nevada was over 8,000 ft.

Not sure if he had another stop in there?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B1122327D
Great Circle Mapper - Jack's High Density Altitude Day.

Jay's party in Iowa City is tomorrow's goal. g

Montblack

Old July 22nd 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

Great Mike, look forward to meeting you...
Just got back from the first party shopping trip...
15 lbs of pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches
13 lbs of chicken breasts
5 lbs of brats with more available
coleslaw
baked beans
potato salad to make on Tuesday
pickles
olives
beer
long island ice tea

Jim

("Mike Adams" wrote)

Old July 22nd 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

"Montblack" wrote:

You were there with Dad, IIRC.

Excellent memory! However, I'm the Dad, and my son is coming with me again this year.

Mike
Old July 22nd 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

This has not been a problem in the past, but I wanted to get it out there,
anyway.

This is a "rec.aviation" cookout.

Ha! This from the guy who invited EVERYONE ON THE FIELD to drink our
beer last year? No more "Mr. Nice Guy", eh?

:-)

I guess I shouldn't have invited the Cherokee Pilots Association? Or
the Swedish Bikini Team? Or the Friends of Iowa City Airport? Or
every guest who has EVER stayed at the inn? Or the Aerohawks R/C
Airplane Club....

Oops...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 22nd 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Montblack" wrote

So they're staying put in Ogden, Utah tonight. He said he had headwinds on
the nose all morning and was seeing Cessna Skyhawk ground speeds.

He was dealing with HIGH density altitude numbers too. I think he said

Elko,
Nevada was over 8,000 ft.

Not sure if he had another stop in there?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B1122327D
Great Circle Mapper - Jack's High Density Altitude Day.

It looks like Ogden's airport is having similar problems to your airport,
Jay. They have a good portion of one runway torn up, when the Google Earth
picture was taken.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 22nd 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

You all are the reincarnation of the Wrong Brothers Air Force party of
thirty years ago in the UW-O dorms. We invited the WORLD to the party and
got aussies, airline captains, nubile 18 year olds, and the odd pilot from
east bf egypt to the gig.

As the last remaining Colonel (we were all Colonels) of the Wrong Brothers
Air Force, I commission Jay, Montblack, Jack, Dan, and anybody else who
wants to apply for a Wrong Brothers commission to the North 40 wing of the
WBAF.

I am the Colonel of the Grass Valley Wing, and apparently the last surviving
Colonel of the WBAF.

I'll print them out and sign them tonight and email them to Jay for
distribution tomorrow.

They are suitable for framing. The North 40 party could do worse than
naming themselves the Wrong Brothers Air Force North 40 convention.

Jim

Old July 22nd 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("Flyingmonk" wrote)
To add insult to injury, I was picked up, processed then let go pending
the date.

Next time, pay your parking meter ticket(s) on time! g

Nobody - all 8 days, alone in the dorm room. Just me. Sigh.
....I smell a money maker :-)

Actually, I've got all kinds of people staying with me! You're off the
hook - at least in Wisconsin.

That's it, my last trip to Newsgroupland for 10 days. I'm heading out in 15
minutes - 3:45am.

Airplane of minivans is loaded...

Montblack