RNAV Enroute CHarts

Old September 20th 04, 03:33 PM
John R. Copeland

Default RNAV Enroute CHarts

Jeppesen plans to cancel their US RNAV Enroute Charts next year.
I've used those charts for nearly thirty years, and I'll miss them a =
lot.
They are usable at all altitudes, they aren't cluttered with airways,
and they are scaled at 20 nm and 30 nm per inch, which I greatly
prefer for my cockpit use instead of the bulky Low Altitude Charts.
One very useful feature of the RNAV charts, missing from other charts,
is the degree/minute markings along their edges, for transferring long,
direct-to legs from the planning chart to the RNAV charts.

Is anyone else so disappointed about losing those charts as I am?
---JRC---