Our 27th Consecutive Oshkosh -- anyone else going?

Old July 2nd 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Our 27th Consecutive Oshkosh -- anyone else going?

God willin' and the crik don't rise, this month will mark our 27th year at
Oshkosh. We're planning on flying in on Sunday, July 26th, and spending the
week.

We WILL have our annual Wednesday night party in the North 40, so plan on
migrating out to our plane after the air show, if you'd care to join us. As
always, admission is a 6-pack of good beer from your home state. Extra
points are awarded for micro-brew status. If you can't see through it,
better yet! (Anyone bringing beer with the name "Light" or "Lite" in it
will be summarily sent to the Charcoal Pit, where you will be forced to
listen to karaoke for the evening... :-)

We'll have food of some sort, snacks, and plenty of hangar flying. If you
get there right after the air show, you can enjoy the REAL airshow with
us -- arrivals and departures. From 6 to 8 PM you will see some wonderful
"stupid pilot tricks" as well as some excellent flying. It's great fun, and
I hope you can join us.

We just got back from the annual Cherokee Pilots Association fly-in down in
Missouri. In past years there have been well over 100 planes in
attendance -- this year, just 35 showed up. I'm hoping that this means that
everyone is pinching their nickels and dimes so that they can attend the Big
One in Oshkosh!

So who's coming?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 2nd 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_11_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

Spam snip -

Oh, so yesterday it was a free party, but today it will cost you a six pack.

Now you're spamming dude, and we don't need a new post everyday to promote
it.

Old July 2nd 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Oh, so yesterday it was a free party, but today it will cost you a six
pack.

Now you're spamming dude, and we don't need a new post everyday to promote
it.

This is a DIFFERENT PARTY. The one at the hotel in Iowa City on 7/25/09 is
FREE. The one at our campsite in the North 40 on 7/29 will cost a 6-pack
of beer from your hometown -- not because we want to charge anyone, but
because it's a really kewl way for everyone to sample beers from all over
America.

Apology accepted.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 2nd 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_11_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Oh, so yesterday it was a free party, but today it will cost you a six
pack.

Now you're spamming dude, and we don't need a new post everyday to
promote it.

This is a DIFFERENT PARTY. The one at the hotel in Iowa City on 7/25/09
is FREE. The one at our campsite in the North 40 on 7/29 will cost a
6-pack of beer from your hometown -- not because we want to charge anyone,
but because it's a really kewl way for everyone to sample beers from all
over America.

Apology accepted.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

There ya go, stir some more ****, ya know that's what you want.

But as long as your sig includes your business, you are still spamming.

Why don't you take all you nonsense back to POA, sure was nicer without you.

Old July 2nd 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Maxwell" wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

[...]
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

There ya go, stir some more ****, ya know that's what you want.

But as long as your sig includes your business, you are still
spamming.

Speaking of meat products, your claim is nothing but bologna:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block

Why don't you take all you nonsense back to POA, sure was nicer
without you.

Usenet is great - only here can you post irrational, irate, angry, and just
plain ignorant posts and not worry about getting ejected! Of course the
same rule means you have to deal with snide responses from people like me.
Old July 2nd 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_11_]

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Maxwell" wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

[...]
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

There ya go, stir some more ****, ya know that's what you want.

But as long as your sig includes your business, you are still
spamming.

Speaking of meat products, your claim is nothing but bologna:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block

Why don't you take all you nonsense back to POA, sure was nicer
without you.

Usenet is great - only here can you post irrational, irate, angry, and
just
plain ignorant posts and not worry about getting ejected! Of course the
same rule means you have to deal with snide responses from people like me.

Welcome to the party, just remember, you signed up willingly, and you did in
fact ask for it.

Old July 2nd 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article hQ53m.170408$DP1.20216@attbi_s22,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Oh, so yesterday it was a free party, but today it will cost you a six
pack.

Now you're spamming dude, and we don't need a new post everyday to promote
it.

This is a DIFFERENT PARTY. The one at the hotel in Iowa City on 7/25/09 is
FREE. The one at our campsite in the North 40 on 7/29 will cost a 6-pack
of beer from your hometown -- not because we want to charge anyone, but
because it's a really kewl way for everyone to sample beers from all over
America.

Perhaps these crusty curmudgeons could go off and start their own group,
rec.aviation.no-fun-allowed, where they can avoid any mention of the
idea of partying at all costs.

Me, I think it's pretty cool to get a party invitation on here. Even
though I'm nowhere near the area and couldn't possibly make it, I think
it's pretty cool. And it's not like this is some high-traffic group
where topicality must be absolutely controlled at all costs.

In short, keep it up. And to those who think that aviation-themed party
invitations don't belong, why don't you go prosecute your War on Fun
somewhere else?

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old July 2nd 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

*"Jay Honeck" wrote:

[...]

I'd love to get out there to one of Jay's annual parties. Been trying
to get back to Oshkosh for years now but things always seem to be
getting in the way. Jay's parties are a staple for a lot of the more
friendly and sane people who frequent this forum. Can't speak for Jay,
but I'd be willing to bet a six pack that if Maxwell showed up with a
smile instead of his usual crap, the guys might even offer him a
drink :-)
Dudley Henriques
Old July 3rd 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Can't speak for Jay, but I'd be willing to bet a six pack that if Maxwell
showed up with a smile instead of his usual crap, the guys might even
offer him a drink :-)

Always!

I've met some of the more infamous curmudgeons off this newsgroup (and other
chat groups), both at the hotel and at fly-ins. Without exception, they've
been TOTALLY different in-person than they are "in writing". Maybe not
outgoing and gregarious, but certainly not unpleasant.

Written communication -- especially for those who choose to remain
anonymous -- often appears much harsher than those same words would sound if
spoken. It's something I must continually guard against, since I tend to
sound stuffy and boorish in writing, when we all know I am debonair and
classy in-person.

:-)

I don't know what Maxwell has against parties, or my signature line, but I
suppose without Bertie around maybe he's simply lonely...?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 3rd 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_7_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
God willin' and the crik don't rise, this month will mark our 27th year at
Oshkosh. We're planning on flying in on Sunday, July 26th, and spending
the week.

We WILL have our annual Wednesday night party in the North 40, so plan on
migrating out to our plane after the air show, if you'd care to join us.

As usual, you forgot to tell how to find you in the North Fourty. g

Everyone, you have to go to the booth at the entrance to the North Fourty
_before_ after the show on the day of the party. The booth will be closed
by then so you will not be able to find the party.

Write down his tail number and tell the booth and they will tell you where
Jay is parked. It is about impossible to wander and find the party without
help.

Count me there!
--
Jim in NC