Pilots Uniform: Good idea??

Old November 27th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Pilots Uniform: Good idea??

John Kunkel wrote:
wrote in message

A Pilots Uniform to the NON flying public conveys a: WELL TRAINED
PILOT...... PERIOD!

Using that same logic, anybody wearing a leather jacket must be a Hells
Angel.

I have a goatee and an earring. That must make me a dope dealer!

Sgt. Friday would think so... G

Old November 27th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Clay[_2_]

On Nov 27, 1:45 pm, B A R R Y wrote:

I have a goatee and an earring. That must make me a dope dealer!

Guess so. How was your flight to Columbia. LOL
Old November 27th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Clay" wrote in message
On Nov 27, 1:45 pm, B A R R Y wrote:

I have a goatee and an earring. That must make me a dope dealer!

Guess so. How was your flight to Columbia. LOL

And he probably holds his pistol sideways.
--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC.

Old November 28th 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Matt W. Barrow wrote:
"Clay" wrote in message
On Nov 27, 1:45 pm, B A R R Y wrote:

I have a goatee and an earring. That must make me a dope dealer!

Guess so. How was your flight to Columbia. LOL

And he probably holds his pistol sideways.

Nope. That's for the street guys trying to shoot from a bouncing '65
Chevy convertible. G
Old December 1st 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

wrote in message

A Pilots Uniform to the NON flying public conveys a: WELL TRAINED
PILOT...... PERIOD!

Like this guy?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YzkqvqQlYI

He's got the hat, the stripes, the sunglasses, the whole nine yards.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old December 6th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Nov 25, 9:29 pm, wrote:
General aviation is under attack: Many 'forces' would like it to go to
the dust bin of history.

Aircraft charter services, fractional ownership etc is growing leaps
and bounds and as such, more than EVER, FBO's are LOADED with NON
FLYING persons waiting to be picked up for a charter or picking
someone up from one.

I have noted MANY pilots getting out of a 'GA' airplane with the
'DUI' look: you have seen them, Ratty shorts, Stupid logo 'bad
taste' TEE shirts, GOOFY hats looking the FOOL that they ARE!

The NON FLYING Individuals at the FBO's see this and the PERCEPTION
to them is this 'TRASH' is flying in the SAME airspace, airport,
as they and their family!!! ...... Wondering if they( slouchy GA
pilots) are LOADED or high on something!

A Pilots Uniform to the NON flying public conveys a: WELL TRAINED
PILOT...... PERIOD!

They DO NOT understand the difference between a 'private' pilot or an
ATP pilot all they understand is WHAT THEY SEE:

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!

I fly 450 hours per year for my business and I am in Uniform when I
fly

as I am a WELL TRAINED and very COMPETENT pilot:

When I walk into an FBO I am doing MY PART CONVEYING that FACT
to the NON FLYING public!

Comments????

I think that uniforms are acceptable for the following:

Charter pilot
CFI (at the academy)
ATP (of course)

I agree that some private pilots look unkempt.... but you need to look
at the plane they are flying. Many still have loaded ashtrays from the
70s and leak oil! ;-)