Taildragging conversion

Old August 4th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Taildragging conversion

Hello,

Was hoping sombody out there might be able to point me in the right
direction.

I have my PPL but I would like to get my taildragger conversion, which
should just involve a half dozen hours flying time, doing circuits,
etc. Is there someplace around the Bay Area that I can do this? Some
small airport that would be able to accomodate me?

Appreciate any advice/tips/suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael

Old August 4th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

wrote:

I have my PPL but I would like to get my taildragger conversion,

Amelia Reid Aviation in Reid-Hillview (KRVH),
http://www.ameliareid.com/
is a neat place.

--Sylvain
Old August 4th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BTIZ

Conversion implies a change.. are you changing your rating?
No.. you are adding on... an endorsement to your rating for additional
training and qualifications.
Same for the High Performance, Complex, High Altitude endorsements.

Most "schools" will provide about 10 hours for the tail wheel endorsement,
many insurance companies may require more dual before solo operations on
rentals.

I've seen lots of good recommendations in the previous responses.

oups.com...

Old August 4th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ray

Was hoping sombody out there might be able to point me in the right
direction.

I have my PPL but I would like to get my taildragger conversion, which
should just involve a half dozen hours flying time, doing circuits,
etc. Is there someplace around the Bay Area that I can do this? Some
small airport that would be able to accomodate me?

One tip in addition to the suggestions already given. Look for an
instructor that really loves taildraggers and has spent tons of time in
them. At Amelia Reid or Attitude Aviation this won't be a problem since
they primarily fly tailwheels. If you want to fly out of San Carlos or
Palo Alto e-mail me and I can suggest some instructors from West Valley
that are really passionate about tailwheel flying.

- Ray

raywoo|at|gmail.com
Old August 6th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Christopher Brian Colohan

Ray writes:
If you want to fly out of San Carlos or
Palo Alto e-mail me and I can suggest some instructors from West Valley
that are really passionate about tailwheel flying.

Ditto, if you want a second opinion. I am very happy with the guy I
am training with at WVFC...

Chris
Old August 6th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Christopher Brian Colohan" wrote in message
.. .
Ray writes:
If you want to fly out of San Carlos or
Palo Alto e-mail me and I can suggest some instructors from West Valley
that are really passionate about tailwheel flying.

Ditto, if you want a second opinion. I am very happy with the guy I
am training with at WVFC...

Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me that if you have any opinion on an
instructor's performance, there's no harm in posting it here, and especially
if you have a high opinion of an instructor, there's absolutely no reason to
keep the opinion private.

The whole point of having these discussions in a public forum is so that
everyone can benefit. Transmitting the key pieces of information derived
from the discussion in email defeats the whole purpose of having the public
discussion in the first place.

Pete