History Channel debunks 9/11 conspiracies

Old August 21st 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gattman[_2_]

Default History Channel debunks 9/11 conspiracies

Hooray for The History Channel, who aired a program last night that
presented one 9/11 conspiracy theory after another and blew them all out of
the sky like clay pigeons. It also demonstrated why Americans view these
theories with such hostility and anger.

Of course it won't change the minds of the believers, but it'll help prevent
them from planting misinformation in other people's heads.

-c

Old August 21st 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Gattman wrote:
Hooray for The History Channel, who aired a program last night that
presented one 9/11 conspiracy theory after another and blew them all out of
the sky like clay pigeons.

That was a repeat, as I've seen it in the past. Interesting program,
but I'll agree it'll only generate more "yabuts" from the tin foil hat
crowd.
Old August 21st 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
t...

That was a repeat, as I've seen it in the past. Interesting program, but
I'll agree it'll only generate more "yabuts" from the tin foil hat crowd.

Absolutely. To them, the more that is said to counter their "argument" the
more it proves how deep the conspiracy runs.

Old August 21st 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gattman[_2_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message

"B A R R Y" wrote in message

That was a repeat, as I've seen it in the past. Interesting program,
but I'll agree it'll only generate more "yabuts" from the tin foil hat
crowd.

Absolutely. To them, the more that is said to counter their "argument"
the more it proves how deep the conspiracy runs.

One of the theories they suggested but didn't fully nuke was the assertion
that a licensed pilot with 250 hours couldn't have flown a jet into the
Pentagon.

Granted, I haven't tried this, the conspiracy theorists don't seem to have
asked many pilots.
-c

Old August 21st 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Aug 21, 9:38 am, "Gattman" wrote:
Hooray for The History Channel, who aired a program last night that
presented one 9/11 conspiracy theory after another and blew them all out of
the sky like clay pigeons. It also demonstrated why Americans view these
theories with such hostility and anger.

Of course it won't change the minds of the believers, but it'll help prevent
them from planting misinformation in other people's heads.

-c

I think its funny when people say 'what happened to the plane that hit
the Pentagon, why wasn't there reckage?'. I show them the youtube
video of the F-4 flying into a wall and it turning into dust.

-Robert

Old August 21st 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gattman[_2_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

I think its funny when people say 'what happened to the plane that hit
the Pentagon, why wasn't there reckage?'. I show them the youtube
video of the F-4 flying into a wall and it turning into dust.

....at which point they move on to someplace else and ask "What happened to
the plane that hit the Pentagon..."

At this risk of giving more attention to the stupid conspiracy film, here's
the link to "Loose Change 911": http://www.loosechange911.com/
Looks like it was put together by a bunch of 25-year-olds who were, of
course, all there and know everything about everything.

The History Channel didn't even try to be objective about it. They just
kept blasting away at the theories. On the Loose Change forums, though, of
course you can learn how the History Channel experts are involved in the
conspiracy.

-c

Old August 21st 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Gattman" wrote:

One of the theories they suggested but didn't fully nuke was the assertion
that a licensed pilot with 250 hours couldn't have flown a jet into the
Pentagon.

Granted, I haven't tried this, the conspiracy theorists don't seem to have
asked many pilots.

There was one here asking us to confirm just that.

He didn't get the answer he wanted. When every single pilot told him he was
FOS, he accused us all of being in denial!

Even for usenet, the irony of that was priceless.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old August 21st 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Dan Luke wrote:

He didn't get the answer he wanted. When every single pilot told him he was
FOS, he accused us all of being in denial!

Even for usenet, the irony of that was priceless.

"Truth"? G
Old August 21st 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Gattman" wrote in message

Hooray for The History Channel, who aired a program last night that
presented one 9/11 conspiracy theory after another and blew them all out
of the sky like clay pigeons. It also demonstrated why Americans view
these theories with such hostility and anger.

Of course it won't change the minds of the believers, but it'll help
prevent them from planting misinformation in other people's heads.

-c

This is long about 2 hours it is free also!

Hints on religion 911 and Central Bank (Fed Reserve) & North American Union.

Take a look at http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Old August 21st 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default OT History Channel debunks 9/11 conspiracies

"Gattman" wrote in message

Hooray for The History Channel, who aired a program last night that
presented one 9/11 conspiracy theory after another and blew them all out
of the sky like clay pigeons. It also demonstrated why Americans view
these theories with such hostility and anger.

Of course it won't change the minds of the believers, but it'll help
prevent them from planting misinformation in other people's heads.

Next thing you know, they will be trying to tell us that the alien autopsies
were fake and the moon landings were real - where does this end!!!!!!

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com