= John McCain LIES on his Navy Record = typical lyingRepugnikkkan !!

Old October 7th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.navy
Jack G.

Default = John McCain LIES on his Navy Record = typical lyingRepugnikkkan !!

On Oct 7, 4:37*am, abelard wrote:
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 01:10:39 -0600, "Reality_Check©"
wrote:

abelard wrote:
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:37:17 -0600, "Reality_Check©"
wrote:

Reality_Check© wrote:
McCain lies on his Navy record

you're lying again

Why do you lie?

you're lying again

--
web site atwww.abelard.org- news comment service, logic, economics
*energy, education, politics, etc 1,552,396 document calls in year past

Obama lies.
He has not released any of his records.
What is he afraid of?
What will Obama's answer be when McCain asks him about his records?
As of now Obama is an empty shirt with no hard facts to prove he ever
went to school.
Old October 7th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.navy
frank

Back to the original long quote.

Having been around aviation long enough, and have read up way too many
accident reports, not to mention seen way too many friends die,
aviation is not inherently safe. Especially in the military.
Especially in the Navy.

There are some people who should not be flying. Period. Yet the
'system' lets them stay in the cockpit. Due to connections, age,
rank, or who they are. If you've been around the military, its been
there seen that.

For McCain though, its just amazing that he got through flight school.
He wasn't a brilliant student in the Academy. Not as much he wasn't
smart, he just didn't try. I know we all have known people like that
if we've ever been to high school or college. The smart ass who never
does the work, slouches in class and seems to just stay there. Why he
wasn't kicked out of the USNA is beyond me. To quote a frat member I
shared a suite with in college, he skated.

To those who wanted to be Naval officers, who didn't have his
connections and did do the work and obeyed the rules, he is bluntly, a
disgrace to the uniform. Period.

The fact that he got his wings, and not only that kept them is just
beyond the pale. He was, as we used to say, an accident waiting to
happen.

Now I'm a Democrat and he's a Republican. But these criticisms were
just as valid about Bush Jr. To those who flew in the AF, he was just
a jerk. Period. Granted back then the National Guard wasn't up to
snuff as the regular AF, but still, I'll bet we all knew people who
would have rather flown in his place and would have been proud to have
flown an F-102 as much as they could as often as they could. He blew
it off and disappeared to work in a political campaign in another
state.

The only good thing you can say about Bush is he never lost an
aircraft and seemed to be an ok pilot. But, bluntly another connected
snot who got a seat in a safe assignment.

Now, if you want a war hero and a pilot that should be a poster boy
for Naval aviation, its Bush Sr. Period, hands down. Youngest Naval
pilot, volunteered when he could have stayed in school. That's a
patriot. You want someone who upholds the standard of Naval Service.
Its Bush 41.

Junior and McCain. Jokes.

For those who fly, its a calling.

Want a Republican who did a lot for aviation? Barry Goldwater. Granted
some of his flights and the types he flew in were because of his job
in the Senate. But he was a pilot. A real one. Its not something that
comes up a lot when you think of him, but he was in part a pilot.

McCain, pretty much a disgrace. Its not even close.

Old October 7th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.navy
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:08:13 -0700 (PDT), frank
wrote:

[...]

I've got to suggest that a "frat member" you shared a suite with in
college might not be a knowledgeable source of John McCain's
performance at the Academy nor of his intellectual capacity. It is
merely an opinion of an acquaintance of yours.

To those who wanted to be Naval officers, who didn't have his
connections and did do the work and obeyed the rules, he is bluntly, a
disgrace to the uniform. Period.

While McCain certainly came from a distinguished military family,
there is nothing in the record (which has all been released--unlike
some others we might draw comparisons to) to indicate any sort of
disgrace to the uniform. On the contrary, there is much to indicate a
very honorable performance under several very trying sets of
circumstances, not the least of which was as a POW.

The fact that he got his wings, and not only that kept them is just
beyond the pale. He was, as we used to say, an accident waiting to
happen.

Carrier aviation is a series of accidents waiting to happen. Combat
carrier air ops is even more so.

Now I'm a Democrat and he's a Republican. But these criticisms were
just as valid about Bush Jr. To those who flew in the AF, he was just
a jerk. Period.

How many of "those who flew in the AF" with him do you know? I know
several, including one who was his assigned IP in the T-38 phase of
UPT. He holds the President in the highest regard and speaks well of
his performance in pilot training.

Granted back then the National Guard wasn't up to
snuff as the regular AF, but still, I'll bet we all knew people who
would have rather flown in his place and would have been proud to have
flown an F-102 as much as they could as often as they could. He blew
it off and disappeared to work in a political campaign in another
state.

I know a lot of folks who "would rather have flown" but for this, that
or the other reason couldn't, didn't, or simply weren't qualified. The
fact is that Bush did. And, he did for five years before "blowing it
off" to work in a campaign. At that time his unit was transitioning
from operational to training and from Deuces to Voodoos. He hadn't the
hours to become an IP in the Deuce, nor the longevity to upgrade to
the F-101, hence no job for the final months of his obligation.

[...]

Find something factual to talk about rather than opinion. You can like
him or dislike him politically, but don't blow smoke about stuff you
apparently read in a DNC talking points memo.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
www.thunderchief.org
Old October 7th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.navy
Glenn Dowdy[_2_]

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

Find something factual to talk about rather than opinion. You can like
him or dislike him politically, but don't blow smoke about stuff you
apparently read in a DNC talking points memo.

Pot, kettle. I couldn't find any DNC talking points memo that denigrated, or
even talked about, McCain's piloting abilities.

Glenn D.

Old October 8th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.navy
Fred J. McCall[_2_]

frank wrote:
:
:Back to the original long quote.
:

Back to the usual political shill swill...

:
:McCain, pretty much a disgrace. Its not even close.
:

Yeah? How many combat missions have YOU got?

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
Old November 17th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.navy
RAP Flashnet

My knowledge of McCain is that he was a very well established drisk-taker
with an ego and mind that didn't like doing what he did not weant to do -
but knew just how far to push the line with the Navy and aviation. His
worst life-threatening events look more like bad luck then anything else
driven by the fact that his enthusiasm for danger got him in the wrong place
at the right time, more often then most/ As a heroic ******* he may have
been stupid to toss caution out the window and hence the "Maverick" handle
is applied - especially for all those who had to fly with him, but Olds had
that same critical comment as wingmen were lost in his efforts - which BTW
are generally applauded by the fighter community as McCain's really are.
The bar trashing, whore mongering, adulterous acts against his first wife
and all that could make some case to some but in the end his judgements come
quick and sharp - and that may not be what is needed right now because when
they are wrong things start to blow up all around. Let's hope Obama uses
him as a confidant and keeps in reserve that McCain "can do" when it is
needed.

Old November 17th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.navy
American Eagle

RAP Flashnet wrote:
[...]

I can live with that .