MXSMANIC fix and other Trolls

Old January 2nd 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom Conner

Default MXSMANIC fix and other Trolls

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
D&tm,

yet so many want to jump on a non aviator doing his
darndest to try to undestand everything he can about
flying.

Uhm, that's not the correct description of the person we're
discussing.

Actually, the resident RAP top-poster is more annoying than the maniac. At
least the maniac doesn't use laziness as an excuse to justify his posts.

Old January 2nd 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mad8

DDoS'ing trolls will not really be effective...
especially if they're using googlegroups...

Terry wrote:
I think I might have an idea that will be good for all in this
newsgroup as it applies to MXSMANIC and other trolls as well.

For those that want to respond to what they think is a legitimate
question and might be valuable to the newsgroup, please post your
reply for all to read and learn.

For those that think the question is stupid, ie: comes from the lack
of experience, confrontational, argumentative or just plain silly,
that most of us in this newsgroup would not care to read your response
but YOU feel you MUST respond anyway please do so. HOWEVER please
reply to sender only and not the newsgroup.

For the rest of US that have had enough of this person and a few other
trolls, lets all get together and send them 10 emails each. Lets fill
up their mail boxes with 100's of replies. Simple thing to do really.
Start your word processor, type in whatever you want and save the
file. Each time you see a silly posting by the Troll just hit "reply
to sender only", open your word file, copy and paste to email and send
over and over until your fingers get tired!

Think it will work??

Happy New Year to all my sister and brother pilots.

Terry N6401F

Old January 2nd 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

I dunno. Could be anyone.

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..
Who would that be?

Old January 2nd 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Steve Foley" wrote:

lawyers will hate
Looking for a sig the
Bob Noel

I don't follow

I dunno. Could be anyone.

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..
Who would that be?

Old January 6th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James

Bob Noel wrote:
In article et,
"Terry" wrote:

For the rest of US that have had enough of this person and a few other
trolls, lets all get together and send them 10 emails each.

bad idea.

It would probably be a violation of your ISP's TOS and/or AUP.

It could be construed in the State of NY as aggravated harassment, a
class 3 misdemenour.

James.
Old January 6th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

Terry wrote: brevity snip
I think I might have an idea that will be good for all in this
newsgroup as it applies to MXSMANIC and other trolls as well.

Think it will work??

The only way to stop a real troll is for the fish to stop biting. My
experience is limited, but I've never seen it happen.

IMO, the maniac is not a troll, just a lonely antisocial person who is
willing to settle for life and flight of the virtual reality varieties.

His proclivity to annoy brings him the reward of the additional
attention he could not enjoy face-to-face, in non-virtual reality.
-----

- gpsman

Old January 6th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

IMO, the maniac is not a troll, just a lonely antisocial person who is
willing to settle for life and flight of the virtual reality varieties.

I tend to agree that he's not a troll. That term gets thrown around
way to much on Usenet. I tend to think that mx really believes he a pilot.
He's constructed a comfortable little bubble around himself and will
not allow that bubble to be burst by reality. The problem I have with him
is that he posts like he's "real". There are probably 100 people who read
this group for every one that posts. Like others have mentioned, he
spouts some "facts" that would be very dangerous if put into practice.

Maybe the best solution would be for ONE person to just post a

"disclaimer"
to his posts. Something like:
"Warning: Mxsmanic is a delusional individual who has NO flight experience
and believes that a computer flight simulation GAME is real. All

information
posted by said individual should be assumed to be applicable to Microsoft
Flight Simulator only and does not necessarily represent events that have,
would, should, or could, occur with REAL aircraft being flown by REAL

pilots
in the REAL world".

Ok, the guy is irritating.

I really think the concern about someone trying the wrong advice is
overstated, and I have heard plenty of bad advice at airports--including a
few "old chestnuts" that just won't die--from people I could have sworn
would have known better.

If you feel that a rebuttal, in the form of a third party disclaimer is
needed, that is anyone's privelege on usenet; but a much less emotional
disclaimer will probably result in much shorter threads.

Peter

Old January 6th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

Nomen Nescio wrote:
I tend to agree that he's not a troll. That term gets thrown around [...]

Of course he's not a troll. Those who use that term simply point
themselves out as inexperienced users.

The problem I have with him is that he posts like he's "real". [...]

Actually, he almost always prefaces the start of a thread with "in my
sim" or "I fly a sim aircraft". Anyone who starts reading any thread
in the middle, in any group, anywhere, is not getting context... and
should know it.

Maybe the best solution would be for ONE person to just post a "disclaimer"

Perhaps we really need a long FAQ with almost everyone here listed, so
you'd know all the players :-) For example, there are people here who
post about the military or engineering, when they clearly know nothing
about the topics. Should we point them out as well? Where would it
stop?

In the end, if all those who complained about Mx would just SHUT UP,
then 95% of the junk would disappear.

Cheers, Kev

Old January 7th 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Kev,

Actually, he almost always prefaces the start of a thread with "in my
sim" or "I fly a sim aircraft".

Oh? That'S simply not true for at least the last five big questions he
started. In fact, I can't remember him doing that even once.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)