A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

OLC Club-Champion?

Old March 28th 15, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default OLC Club-Champion?

I noticed the new category on the OLC. Anyone know how it is scored? Compared to Statistic:Club, less flights are scored. I do not see anything under the rules section.
Old March 28th 15, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default OLC Club-Champion?

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 5:52:31 PM UTC+11, wrote:
I noticed the new category on the OLC. Anyone know how it is scored? Compared to Statistic:Club, less flights are scored. I do not see anything under the rules section.

'Club-Champion'
So far clubs could only take advantage of a 'club statistic'. The statistic simply listed all the club's posted flights regardless of the scored points (even pattern flights counted). OLC named it a 'statistic' as the list did not evaluate the performance. The problem was that until now, except for league scores, no cross-country scoring has been available for clubs. By implementing the 'club champion' OLC solved the matter: We will now only list those flights which qualify to score points in the champions-scores. In addition to the league-scoring OLC thus provides a second option to compare a particular club's flights in a more competitive and sportsmanlike manner.