Help! rebuild or replace Stamo engine In Falke?

Old September 3rd 04, 04:14 PM
Ian Walton

Default Help! rebuild or replace Stamo engine In Falke?

Hi folks
I need to rebuild or replace the Stamo engine in my
Falke.
thing is its an old design not easy to get parts?/impossible
in the UK. Does anyone have any ideas or source of
parts.The new sauer engine would cost £7000 ouch! By
the way its not all standard VW, in fact far from it,
many parts are Porsche.

Old September 4th 04, 01:34 AM
Ian McPhee

Well I really would consider the Sauer and remember it is based on the
VW transporter engine (spin on oil filter) which is far better than
those L1700EA L2000EA as it has much higherTBO AND it will climb much
quicker so your hours will last much longer. There is a bit of work
adding 3cm to cowl and new eng mounts. I like the way Sauer lighten
the flywheel etc. In Australia we have done a Jabiru J2200 engine and
it is great but our engineer (who has cut 1m x 1m plastic hole in a
F27!!) and insisted on big changes to frame. The J2200 is wonderful
but you must have sr 710 or later (big carby) and it runs on the rich
side and thus runs real cool. My next project is fit a J3300 to a 2
leg 1991 falke which I bought in Swiss and is currently in Germany
awaiting shipment to Oz. Please contact direct iankmcphee at
bigpond.com for more details of the projects. Ian McPhee Byron Bay
Australia

Old September 5th 04, 07:02 AM
bambuko

Ian Walton wrote in message ...
Hi folks
I need to rebuild or replace the Stamo engine in my
Falke.
thing is its an old design not easy to get parts?/impossible
in the UK. Does anyone have any ideas or source of
parts.The new sauer engine would cost £7000 ouch! By
the way its not all standard VW, in fact far from it,
many parts are Porsche.

you are indeed correct about this engine being a mixture (hence the
difficulty in obtaining spares from automotive suppliers). However we
have re-build ours, no problems, with the help of original
manufacturer, who still happily supplies all the spare parts:
Karl Pieper GmbH
Viktoriastr. 50
D-32423 Minden
Tel. +49 (0)571 34088
Fax. +49 (0)571 34454
best regards Chris
ps unfortunately they do not take credit cards, but it is easy to pay
using money transfer from your bank