What have we learned from all this?

Old April 6th 20, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Bralla

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 7:20:03 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 8:55:13 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 9:32:26 PM UTC-4, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 5:47:31 PM UTC-7, Stephen Szikora wrote:
Still waiting for the part that has anything to do with soaring.

Yes, please take this circle jerk off RAS.

But Bob is gunning for a job as a Fox News visiting expert and after that who knows? Maybe even an appointment in the Trump administration! He seems very knowledgeable and I've learned a lot from his posts.

Rec.aviation.soaring? Sorry, this is rec.aviation.my.political.views and rec.aviation.guns-n-ammo. Perhaps after we all get back to flying your normal newsgroup will return. Check back later.

Mike
XL5

These guys will agree with you about no politics on RAS if you start talking about what an Ahole Trump is.

Steve
Old April 6th 20, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Stop talking about soaring on this post!!!! We don’t want anymore thread drift!!!!!!
Old April 6th 20, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marton KSz

Sitting in your armchair on a Sunday afternoon, not having anything useful to do can be as boring as hell. But please, still don't bring your political thoughts to rec.aviation.soaring.

Find a more appropriate forum, where your extremely valuable and interesting political views and thoughts are appropriately appreciated.

Thank you!
Old April 6th 20, 08:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 12:01:36 AM UTC-6, Marton KSz wrote:
Sitting in your armchair on a Sunday afternoon, not having anything useful to do can be as boring as hell. But please, still don't bring your political thoughts to rec.aviation.soaring.

Find a more appropriate forum, where your extremely valuable and interesting political views and thoughts are appropriately appreciated.

Thank you!

While I do have some pretty strong political opinions myself, I do agree that for soaring, it is likely to divide us, at a time where that is the last thing we need. The USA is so polarized right now politically, and some people have a hard time seeing beyond another person's politics. With Soaring in a decline, we should be doing everything we can to stand together and put politics aside for now. At least with regard to soaring.
Old April 6th 20, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Every countries in the world knew about a possible pandemic flu since 2005.

As a matter of fact WHO send to all countries a document in form of a checklist aimed to verify if a country was ready or not for such an evenience.

Of course nobody took care about it (why spending money for that?).

Here below you can find the link to the relevant document. The preface is simply incredible: the WHO (in 2005 so 15 years ago) imagine a possible future scenery and apart some small differences (this flu takes olders and not youngers) the forecast is impressive.

WE ALL HAVE THE GOVERNMENTS WE DESERVE!!

https://www.who.int/influenza/resour...vVda3pIMV0y4yo

Carlo
Old April 6th 20, 09:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It isn't flu. It doesn't act like flu. The virus is not built like flu. It is a different illness. If it were a new flu we would have some known flu drugs to try and it would be much easier to develop a vaccine based on the vaccine types currently modified for annual use.
Old April 6th 20, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 9:55:13 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 9:32:26 PM UTC-4, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 5:47:31 PM UTC-7, Stephen Szikora wrote:
Still waiting for the part that has anything to do with soaring.

Yes, please take this circle jerk off RAS.

But Bob is gunning for a job as a Fox News visiting expert and after that who knows? Maybe even an appointment in the Trump administration! He seems very knowledgeable and I've learned a lot from his posts.

Flubber, I have been on Fox News, Laura Ingram, Dana Loasch, Glenn Beck, Hannity and many more, I would never take a gig with any administration. Well, I take that back, I would be a great Secretary Of The Interior. I would set up a glider operation complete with Hook Ups for RV'S at several national parks. Can you imagine the Everglades Soaring Center, or Grizzly Bear Soaring from Yellowstone, or Acadia Glider Center. Who says that we don't talk about soaring.
Old April 6th 20, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well, Bill Gates DID, in fact, create the World's Best SELLING Virus. It's called "Windows." And it keeps mutating. We're up to 10 now.
Old April 6th 20, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 05:35:10 -0700, markmocho53 wrote:

Well, Bill Gates DID, in fact, create the World's Best SELLING Virus.
It's called "Windows." And it keeps mutating. We're up to 10 now.

+1

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old April 6th 20, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

WE ALL HAVE THE GOVERNMENTS WE DESERVE!!

Just be glad we're not getting all the Government we're PAYING for!