ASW19 performance mods

Old June 2nd 05, 12:43 PM
Jim Crowhurst

Default ASW19 performance mods

Anyone out there got any data on ASW19 performance
modifications: i.e. turbulator tape, sealing methods,
winglets etc.

Old June 2nd 05, 11:05 PM
Andy

I put 1500 hours on mine. I sealed the canopy, put mylar seals on top
and bottom of the ailerons and elevator, and sealed the ballast bag
string holes in the airbrake boxes. Never found any data on turbulators
so never tried them. It climbed and ran well. Eventually broke down
and bought a 28. That was the best performance mod.

Andy

Old June 3rd 05, 12:18 PM
Damien Dyer

ref turbulators, dont bother, i asked asw ref putting
them on a asw-15, and was told by w himself that they
tried it on a 19 which has the same wing as the 15
(other than airbrakes and ailerons) it made no differance!
i think he did say something about putting them on
the tailplane?