OLC Update

Old November 19th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ray Lovinggood

Default OLC Update

OLC now has a direct way of displaying the flight on
Google Earth. Nice! I pulled up Dick Johnson's flight
from Friday and then clicked on the Google Earth button
and I'm transported instantly to Texas.

What will they think of next?

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old November 19th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Ray Lovinggood wrote:
OLC now has a direct way of displaying the flight on
Google Earth. Nice! I pulled up Dick Johnson's flight
from Friday and then clicked on the Google Earth button
and I'm transported instantly to Texas.

What will they think of next?

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Yes, the maps in the OLC info window now have the terrain colored by
elevation too. The Google Earth presentation is a nice touch,
especially when looking at flights from around the world, because
Google Earth starts zoomed all the way out, and then zooms in to give
you a good perspective. The flight tracks have elevation too, so you
can tilt the perspective and take a more natural horizontal view.

Doug Haluza
SSA-OLC Admin

Old November 19th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

WinPilot 3D has had this feature for over a year. Zoom in anywhere in
the world and see the terrain in 3D detail. Make a task and fly it on
the course line. Download your flight and view wiith statistics Easy
to submit your OLC flight. All terrain downloads are automatic from the
internet. All in one program. Program searches your hard drive for igc
files. Many new features for next year will be announced soon.
Download 3D and it will run free for 30 Days after that a license
purchase is required.

Richard H Pfiffner
USA WinPilot Dealer
www.craggyaero.com

Old November 19th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

WTF with the OLC website? It never works anymore when I try to logon -
and I've been using OLC since it started!

Tough to look at fancy Google Maps of flights when you can't even
select a flight to look at anymore!

Doug - time to kick some a** and get OLC working again or I'll be
bailing - talk about fixing something that wasn't broken...

And for those who say "it's free so stop whining" - it isn't free to
all the companies paying for advertising, is it? They sure aren't
getting their money's worth this season!

End of rant.

66

Old November 20th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_1_]

kirk.stant wrote:
WTF with the OLC website? It never works anymore when I try to logon -
and I've been using OLC since it started!

Tough to look at fancy Google Maps of flights when you can't even
select a flight to look at anymore!

Doug - time to kick some a** and get OLC working again or I'll be
bailing - talk about fixing something that wasn't broken...

And for those who say "it's free so stop whining" - it isn't free to
all the companies paying for advertising, is it? They sure aren't
getting their money's worth this season!

End of rant.

66

Maybe you need to try installing the 2007 year patch. I too had
this problem before I went to SeeYou and downloaded their Version 3.6
patch.
Dick Johnson

Old November 20th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Maybe you need to try installing the 2007 year patch. I too had
this problem before I went to SeeYou and downloaded their Version 3.6
patch.
Dick Johnson

Nope, tried right after installing the patch.

Probably tied to the problems described in the other thread about OLC
problems.

I really enjoy OLC, I would hate to see it abandonned due to
"improvements" that don't work!

66

Old November 21st 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

kirk.stant wrote:
Maybe you need to try installing the 2007 year patch. I too had
this problem before I went to SeeYou and downloaded their Version 3.6
patch.
Dick Johnson

Nope, tried right after installing the patch.

Probably tied to the problems described in the other thread about OLC
problems.

I really enjoy OLC, I would hate to see it abandonned due to
"improvements" that don't work!

66

Ok it works now, I take back everything I said....

Bah humbug....

Kirk
66