Russia & India to send joint manned mission to Moon

Old November 12th 03, 07:32 PM
Michael Petukhov

Default Russia & India to send joint manned mission to Moon

http://lenta.ru/russia/2003/11/12/moon/

(in russian)

Today russia's agency for aviation and space research and india's
organization for space research signed a deal to prepare
joint automatic and manned missions to Moon by 2008.

Michael
Old November 12th 03, 08:41 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
http://lenta.ru/russia/2003/11/12/moon/

(in russian)

Today russia's agency for aviation and space research and india's
organization for space research signed a deal to prepare
joint automatic and manned missions to Moon by 2008.

Michael

But Michael you have bene telling us for years that such
a thing is impossible due to radiation in the Van Allen belts
and from Cosmic sources.

Is this to be the latest triumph for the Indian film industry
do you think

Keith

Old November 12th 03, 09:01 PM
Stuart Wilkes' mom

Good for them. Will they take all the Russians with them?

When they get there, they should let us know what the point is.

Old November 12th 03, 10:11 PM
Jarg

Comrade, superior Russian technology will make what has previously been
impossible a reality, and the great Russian (and Indian) people will be the
first to truly visit the moon! Freeze dried Tandori and Borscht - yummy!

Jarg

Old November 12th 03, 10:56 PM
captain!

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
http://lenta.ru/russia/2003/11/12/moon/

(in russian)

Today russia's agency for aviation and space research and india's
organization for space research signed a deal to prepare
joint automatic and manned missions to Moon by 2008.

Michael

But Michael you have bene telling us for years that such
a thing is impossible due to radiation in the Van Allen belts
and from Cosmic sources.

Is this to be the latest triumph for the Indian film industry
do you think

Keith

ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
excellent keith!

Old November 13th 03, 12:03 AM
Matt Ramsey

(Michael Petukhov) wrote in message . com...
http://lenta.ru/russia/2003/11/12/moon/

(in russian)

Today russia's agency for aviation and space research and india's
organization for space research signed a deal to prepare
joint automatic and manned missions to Moon by 2008.

Michael

Maybe if we're lucky they'll send Michael Petukhov. And leave him there.
Old November 13th 03, 03:31 AM
steve gallacci

Jarg wrote:

Comrade, superior Russian technology will make what has previously been
impossible a reality, and the great Russian (and Indian) people will be the
first to truly visit the moon! Freeze dried Tandori and Borscht - yummy!

HELL, I wouldn't care if it was Congo and Cuba going to the Moon, as
long as SOMEBODY went back! Russia and India don't sound like a likely
partner to get anything like that done in that kind time though.
Old November 13th 03, 06:43 AM
Michael Petukhov

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message ...
"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
http://lenta.ru/russia/2003/11/12/moon/

(in russian)

Today russia's agency for aviation and space research and india's
organization for space research signed a deal to prepare
joint automatic and manned missions to Moon by 2008.

Michael

But Michael you have bene telling us for years that such
a thing is impossible due to radiation in the Van Allen belts
and from Cosmic sources.

Keith, you know very well that I was telling that it was impossible
with US technologies used in 60s. Clearly still it will be very
difficult with modern technologies. Whole array of completely new
technologies will be required, including real protection against
radiation you have mentioned. At least we will try.

when and if we succeed we will see is it really first man landing on moon
or not. Since likely China will join the trully international
project there will be very difficult to US to dispute its results and
particularly results of international inspection of the Appolo
"moon landing" sites.

Michael

Michael

Old November 13th 03, 06:50 AM
redc1c4

Michael Petukhov wrote:

[...]

we'll be up late at night worrying about it.......

redc1c4,
whatever it is he's drinking, get me a double. %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide