Pop Quiz

Old April 24th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Pop Quiz

"Dudley Henriques" wrote
snip
"Yo.......make room for a guy who flies a REAL airplane........ The
Transavia Skytruk!!!
Good God!!!!
:-)))))
Dudley

Kind of what I always thought of the "Tweety Bird"....

"Hey Mom! Guess what!? I'm finally flying JETS!!!"
"Really son?!! Congratulations! Which jet do you fly?..."

"um... the T37"

"Hmm... T37? What's that? Doesn't it have a name like the Tomcat or
Falcon?"

"Well... yes, I guess it does..."

the conversation and the pilots pride just go down hill from there.

Jim

Old April 24th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Burns wrote

Hmm... T37? What's that? Doesn't it have a name like the
Tomcat or Falcon?"

Sure, Its official name was the "Dragonfly".

Bob Moore
Old April 25th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 122...
Jim Burns wrote

Hmm... T37? What's that? Doesn't it have a name like the
Tomcat or Falcon?"

Sure, Its official name was the "Dragonfly".

Bob Moore

I always liked the moniker "Converter" for the T37

Jay B

Old April 25th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

T37, the most efficient conversion of kerosene to decibels.

"Jim Burns" wrote in
message ...

Old April 25th 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" wrote

Yep, here are more

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true

I was thinking of a model made by Percival Aircraft, the EP-9, used as an
air ambulance, and ag plane, among a few of the uses. It did have clamshell
doors, and a double deck.

It only has a Lycoming 480, worth 270 HP, though. There has been one at OSH
for several years. I don't remember if he made it there, this past year.

Odd looking, bright yellow, and if you saw it, you probably would go over
and take a closer look at it. g

Here is a picture of it:
http://www.britishaircraft.co.uk/air...age.php?ID=765
--
Jim in NC

Old April 25th 06, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Have you ever noticed, the British either make beautiful
airplanes like the Spitfire or Mosquito or the ugliest
airplanes with bug eyes, pot-bellies and such.

Old April 25th 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Macklin wrote:
Yep, here are more
http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true

Years back, I remember a scratchbuilt r/c version of the plane.

It's so ugly, it's cute. G
Old April 25th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Beckman wrote:
"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 122...
Jim Burns wrote

Hmm... T37? What's that? Doesn't it have a name like the
Tomcat or Falcon?"

Sure, Its official name was the "Dragonfly".

Bob Moore

I always liked the moniker "Converter" for the T37

I guess flying the "Extender" might feel extra manly! G
Old April 25th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Good job Jim.

The Monk

Old April 26th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" wrote

Have you ever noticed, the British either make beautiful
airplanes like the Spitfire or Mosquito or the ugliest
airplanes with bug eyes, pot-bellies and such.

chuckle Yep.

It really is perfectly designed for what it does. Great access for
stretchers to go in.

One account said there were flights made in New Zealand, with the back doors
left off, and bundles of fence posts loaded in. Fly over the remote
pastures, kick out a bundle, like a bombing run.

Works for me! g
--
Jim in NC

Way OT... help a fellow pilot answer a quiz john smith Piloting 5 November 21st 05 12:12 AM
Fun Quiz John Clonts Owning 2 August 14th 05 04:35 AM
IFR Refresher January 2004 Quiz Paul Tomblin Instrument Flight Rules 3 February 8th 04 06:35 PM