A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Oudie IGC recertify before sale??

Old July 12th 19, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Oudie IGC recertify before sale??

I have an Oudie IGC that I got a couple years ago. I'm sort of selling off some of my aviation stuff (because I got a supercub and I'm going nuts with that)

My question is this. I know it had some sort of calibration that was included, and this is a requirement if you use the Oudie for badge and record claims.

Should I send it out for recertification before sale? Who does it?

I'm selling.. The Oudie. A long softie chute (2 or 3 years old. never repacked) and a stratus and Ipad mini setup.

Thanks for any insight. The internet is cool for casting a wide net to get answers. The oudie works pretty well for a 'club type' solution where you jump into different gliders that may not be equipped.

Jason
Old July 12th 19, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joel Flamenbaum[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 5:10:13 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I have an Oudie IGC that I got a couple years ago. I'm sort of selling off some of my aviation stuff (because I got a supercub and I'm going nuts with that)

My question is this. I know it had some sort of calibration that was included, and this is a requirement if you use the Oudie for badge and record claims.

I'm selling.. The Oudie. A long softie chute (2 or 3 years old. never repacked) and a stratus and Ipad mini setup.

Thanks for any insight. The internet is cool for casting a wide net to get answers. The oudie works pretty well for a 'club type' solution where you jump into different gliders that may not be equipped.

Jason

Have fun with your Supercub - fun flying - R U going to Tow?
Old July 12th 19, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster

Hi Jason,

The Oudie IGC would have been supplied with a logger altimeter calibration data sheet from Naviter. It is good for 5 years. If you don't have it and the unit is less than 5 years old, Naviter can email a replacement to you.

If the unit is more than 5 years old, I can calibrate it for you.
http://cumulus-soaring.com/services.htm#Calibration

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 7:10:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Jason

Old July 12th 19, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 1:21:28 PM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Jason,

The Oudie IGC would have been supplied with a logger altimeter calibration data sheet from Naviter. It is good for 5 years. If you don't have it and the unit is less than 5 years old, Naviter can email a replacement to you.

If the unit is more than 5 years old, I can calibrate it for you.
http://cumulus-soaring.com/services.htm#Calibration

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 7:10:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Jason

My thanks. I know it's not over 5.
Old July 12th 19, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

No towing. It’s experimental. Was a kit from “turbine cubs of Wyoming”. Which from that vintage is a javron fuselage and smith wings ( I think). 4” wider fuselage and just under 4 more feet of wing over standard pa-18.

My airworthiness forbids towing. No interest in changing it.
Old July 13th 19, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hi Jason,

What are you asking for the Oudie?

Thanks,

Robert
Old July 13th 19, 07:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hi Jason. I'm looking for an Oudie IGC and parachute. Maybe I can take them both off your hands! You can reach me at or 847-651-4373. Thanks! -David
Old July 13th 19, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I have a few offers pending. I'm not at home to take pictures or ship them till next week. Thanks for the help.. especially Paul... appreciate the definitive answer.

Jason