A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

George Moffat

Old July 16th 19, 11:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

Default George Moffat

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 3:53:26 PM UTC-4, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:55:11 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Yes Mike agreed. I can see him at Buzzards Bay, quite a sailers mecca, and a guy can keep sailing long after he is no longer able to safely fly, although I will keep flying as long as I can get myself in and out of the cockpit, given that my mind still works correctly lol.

Moffat and I, along with others, spoke at the Seniors 2007 and after that, he flew 2007 Mifflin 15 Meters in his Discus. I believe he sold it sometime after and retired from flying.

Not current but several years back, while at the Seniors, several of his friends and I spoke about him. If I remember correctly he was still enjoying sailing.

Best. Tom #711.

Tom, is right. I spoke with him in 2009 and he was sailing competitively at that time.
Old September 4th 19, 09:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default George Moffat

To Andrzej Kobus. I knew Andrzej Kobus in Warsaw, Poland in early 1950 my mother was visiting Kobus family. We have distant relatives who come from area of Kurów, 100 km SE of Warsaw. My grand folks were Butryn, Szumorek, Chabros from hamlets Dęba, Choszczów, Markuszów located few kilometers from Kurów near Puławy.
Old September 4th 19, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default George Moffat

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 1:56:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
To Andrzej Kobus. I knew Andrzej Kobus in Warsaw, Poland in early 1950 my mother was visiting Kobus family. We have distant relatives who come from area of Kurów, 100 km SE of Warsaw. My grand folks were Butryn, Szumorek, Chabros from hamlets Dęba, Choszczów, Markuszów located few kilometers from Kurów near Puławy.

I knew George Moffat during soaring in Marfa in 1967, 1969, 1970. You may find photos, search soaring Marfa 1967, Marfa 1969, 1970.