We Are All Spaniards

Old April 13th 04, 05:07 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article GUCec.125100$JO3.82648@attbi_s04, Newps
wrote:

Alex wrote:

Most would rather be poor
down here, thank you.

Yeah, right.

A lot of people have great fondness for their native land.

....but they're still here.

Old April 13th 04, 09:33 AM
Dylan Smith

In article , Alex wrote:
I live in a much poorer country than Mexico, and I know very few
people who would like to live in the US. Most would rather be poor
down here, thank you.

Dangle a Green Card in front of them, and see how fast they suddenly
change their minds. A lot of people are very US-hostile until someone
dangles either an H-1 visa or green card in front of them.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old April 13th 04, 07:54 PM
Alex

Dylan Smith wrote in message ...
In article , Alex wrote:
I live in a much poorer country than Mexico, and I know very few
people who would like to live in the US. Most would rather be poor
down here, thank you.

Dangle a Green Card in front of them, and see how fast they suddenly
change their minds. A lot of people are very US-hostile until someone
dangles either an H-1 visa or green card in front of them.

I speak for myself and the people I know. I've been in the US and I
have family and friends there, so I know what it would be like. I
wouldn't live there, no matter what. I would never rise my child
there.

For whom do you speak, Dylan?
Old April 13th 04, 08:53 PM
Alex

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote:
"Bob Noel" wrote:
wrote:

Alex wrote:

Most would rather be poor
down here, thank you.

Yeah, right.

A lot of people have great fondness for their native land.

...but they're still here.

Wow! All this time I thougth most people in this planet lived in
countries other than the US... What an idiot! Thanks, Tom, for opening
my eyes to the reality: All the people in the world want to live in
the US so badly that the only ones that don't are the poor souls who
couldn't affort to get to the US or who died trying! It may shock you,
Tom, but there are quite a lot of people happily living in the rest of
the world.

The US may be a rich country, it may be the most powerful country, but
by no means the best or most desirable to live in. I can accept that
people with low or no incomes and little chance to improve would like
to move to a better country, but that is hardly the only consideration
when deciding to migrate. Guess what, Tom: money is not the only
factor. I would never live there, no matter how bad the economy in my
country goes.

And believe me, the economy in my country has gone incredibly bad the
last couple of years. Most people I know lost the savings of their
lives, we can no longer afford buying computers or videocameras or
making a trip to Europe. Quite a lot of people decided they had enough
and emigrated. Most went to Spain, some to Canada, some to the US. Of
course language is a factor for choosing Spain, but most educated
people here speak english and you don't really need english to live
in, say, Miami.

Also, my sister works with refugees in Austria, mostly people from the
east block. Almost 95% of them are rejected by the Austrian
government, and they have to go back and face whatever they were
running from. So you see, Austria is similar to the US in that huge
numbers of people want to live there and the natives want them out.
But these people don't choose Austria because it is so beautifull or
because the living standard is so high. They don't really choose
Austria: it just happens to be the first EU country they step into,
because it is the nearest. Any EU country would do.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, Tom, but the US is not the
prefered emigrant destination. It just happens to be near poor
countries.
Old April 14th 04, 12:14 AM
S Green

"Alex" wrote in message
om...
"Tom Sixkiller" wrote:
"Bob Noel" wrote:
wrote:

Alex wrote:

[...]

Yeh, countries ripped off by US corporates

Old April 16th 04, 07:58 PM
TD

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message ...

Canada is doing as good as America's "underclass".

We have to put of guard towers around our borders to keep people OUT.

Yeah...the envy is that apparent.

Yeah, you must be right. Canada sucks. Please keep out.

Tien
PP-MEI
Montreal (CANADA)

Old April 17th 04, 01:23 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"TD" wrote in message
m...
"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Canada is doing as good as America's "underclass".

We have to put of guard towers around our borders to keep people OUT.

Yeah...the envy is that apparent.

Yeah, you must be right. Canada sucks. Please keep out.

Tien
PP-MEI
Montreal (CANADA)

Oh, PWWWTTTT, ya hockey puck!! Eh?