An open message to the group.

Old July 17th 08, 01:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Default An open message to the group.

"Conscious Pilate" wrote in news:487dc9e0$0$30460
:

Just as a matter of interest my ISP down here in OZ only actually listed 3
of the 24 files that you had sent - so for some of us it is really a pain
not only able to see it, and hence pass comment on it's relevance etc, but
really is a waste of space on the news group.

Whenever I see a movie of any kind that I think the group would be
interested in I just simply post the link - saves a heap of angst.

see ya

Conscious Pilate

I understand your frustration but again, how am I accountable for what
a server passes to you or does not? I have read replies to original
messages posted in this NG which never posted on my server.

Is that the posters fault? Of course not, it's a server issue.

If you saw only 3 of 24 files on your server but I saw all 24 on my
server, does that suggest anything? No one likes to be teased and
normally I would have only posted a link. In this case it was a file
sent to me that I saved a few years ago. I could not provide a link
in this case.

The movie file was a silly spoof with cheesy animation that actually
won a few awards. Do you want me to repost the file and we can measure
what goes through? I'll mark it as a test file and scream "Fire in the
hole!" before I let it loose.

I already reported to my ISP the noticable lack of posts on my end.
Old July 17th 08, 02:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Conscious Pilate" wrote in
:

I understand your frustration but again, how am I accountable for what
a server passes to you or does not?

You're not; CP was just pointing it out. Several other people had the same
problem and that can be looked into by the various people.

I already reported to my ISP the noticable lack of posts on my end.

That's what most would do - talk (try anyway) to their ISP's and see what
happened.

Old July 18th 08, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Geoff Miller

Clem writes:

That point is mute.

*Moot,* not "mute."

moot, adj.: deprived of practical significance : made abstract
or purely academic. (www.webster.com)

Geoff

--
"'Congressman Kucinich is holding up a pie chart, which is not
truly effective on radio,' Conan told his listeners."

Old July 19th 08, 03:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

(Geoff Miller) wrote in news:-
net:

Clem writes:

That point is mute.

*Moot,* not "mute."

moot, adj.: deprived of practical significance : made abstract
or purely academic. (
www.webster.com)

Geoff

--
"'Congressman Kucinich is holding up a pie chart, which is not
truly effective on radio,' Conan told his listeners."
-- Newsday.com

You are correct. It was a long night.
Old July 16th 08, 07:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Sj wrote in news:qolq74tbaq7i74evge55vqhog3ir6loku6@
4ax.com:

In reading the control messages for this ng & for
alt.binaries.multimedia.aviation, it sounds like you need to check
out the multimedia ng ... it sounds like it was created out of a
desire to post multimedia ("movies, home videos, gun camera
footage, a/c walk-arounds and the like") while this ng was
created for pictures ...

Controls can be found he
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/

Sj

Thanks for the info. I'll check into it. My post was just to
try and liven things up here, it's been dead on my end for awhile.
Boy, did I ecxceed my wildest expectations!