Nadler Arcus Bailout

Old July 20th 19, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

Default Nadler Arcus Bailout

So what happened!

Other might like to know...

BG
Old July 20th 19, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Well BG, if it's important to you why don't you pick up the phone, call Dave and ask him? His contact info is available on the SSA site to members. Why start a another speculation riddled RAS string?
ROY
Old July 21st 19, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

I talked to Dave a month or so ago and they still don't know what happened.

Boggs
Old February 12th 21, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jason Leonard

Here, let me try! haha!

What was the issue that caused them to decide to bail out? That's obviously a big deal. I know I can call, but curious minds also read and try to bug people with what was a sketchy situation over and over.
Old February 12th 21, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IADPE

Dave and Spence made a presentation at the Little Rock Convention regarding the incident. I can’t find the video archive of it, but I thought it was available.

Here’s the NTSB report, not yet concluded: https://data.ntsb.gov/carol-repgen/a...port/97551/pdf
Old February 12th 21, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

On Thursday, 11 February 2021 at 23:40:16 UTC, wrote:
Here, let me try! haha!

What was the issue that caused them to decide to bail out? That's obviously a big deal. I know I can call, but curious minds also read and try to bug people with what was a sketchy situation over and over.

I'm in another country, and wasn't flying that season, so I hadn't heard of this.

However, a simple Google search produces some things to read. The third item is a detailed report on a website called nadler.com

Old February 12th 21, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

http://www.nadler.com/papers/2020_Af..._presented.pdf
Old February 12th 21, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chip Bearden[_2_]

A really important message in Dave's excellent (though frustratingly inconclusive) PPT from P1 and P2: post accident, write down EVERYTHING you can remember ASAP.

In my experience, spectators should do the same. I don't care how observant and resilient and aware you think you are, you'll start forgetting things and molding facts to fit into theories almost from the beginning. Especially if others witnessed the same accident, write down what YOU saw--in detail.. You can flesh them out and organize them later and even compare notes--which may not agree completely with others' accounts--but keep your ORIGINAL observations. Our minds work in mysterious ways.

Chip Bearden
JB
Old February 12th 21, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 9:52:59 AM UTC-5, IADPE wrote:
Dave and Spence made a presentation at the Little Rock Convention regarding the incident. I can’t find the video archive of it, but I thought it was available.

Here’s the NTSB report, not yet concluded: https://data.ntsb.gov/carol-repgen/a...port/97551/pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8I3A3dqsu0
copy and paste link
UH
Old February 12th 21, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 8:14:52 AM UTC-8, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 9:52:59 AM UTC-5, IADPE wrote:
Dave and Spence made a presentation at the Little Rock Convention regarding the incident. I can’t find the video archive of it, but I thought it was available.

Here’s the NTSB report, not yet concluded: https://data.ntsb.gov/carol-repgen/a...port/97551/pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8I3A3dqsu0
copy and paste link
UH

Very unfortunate nothing so far has surfaced about how the LOC happened, especially with other LOC reported.

There can be only a few reasons that fit the facts. How can you possibly lose both the rudder and stick at the same time. The rudder stuck and the stick disconnected?
Running away from any speculation is effectively shutting down a larger collective way of thinking. Not all bad.

BG