A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Best Flight Of the Day NA

Old April 18th 20, 09:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 7:06:08 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Looks like Zimmerman did good today but landed early to enjoy the cocktail hour, looks like your are a few behind. Nice flight Sam. Hope it last. Bob

Both Zimmerman and Allison had very good flights yesterday, the triangles were very good working with the wind component. Nice flights.
Old April 19th 20, 08:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:51:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob

Saturday was a pretty active day, lots of flights and the Minden Tahoe flight in the Ventus was 400k triangle, well done.
Old April 20th 20, 10:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 3:15:41 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob

Saturday was a pretty active day, lots of flights and the Minden Tahoe flight in the Ventus was 400k triangle, well done.

After taking a look at the flights from yesterday all you need to say is Minden! Good to see Jim in the air. Bob
Old April 21st 20, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 5:39:47 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

After taking a look at the flights from yesterday all you need to say is Minden! Good to see Jim in the air. Bob

Oregon flight in the Antares was tops overall yesterday.
Old April 22nd 20, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 1:24:17 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

Minden once again, good job Jim.
Old April 23rd 20, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:17:46 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

Over 1K KM in the DG1001M Penn down to WV. Great flight.
Old April 23rd 20, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 1:50:14 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:17:46 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

Over 1K KM in the DG1001M Penn down to WV. Great flight.

I liked Dan's 750 km triangle better. Nice flight Dan, you made it look routine.

T8
Old April 23rd 20, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rob Cluxton[_2_]
external usenet poster

I agree, Sazhin’s 750km triangle was much more of a challenge than 1,000km on the ridges.

So sayeth The Dude

Old April 23rd 20, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rob Cluxton[_2_]
external usenet poster

I agree. Sazhin’s 750km was much more challenging than 1,000km on the ridges

So sayeth The Dude in the DG1001M...
Old April 23rd 20, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9:16:39 AM UTC-4, Rob Cluxton wrote:
I agree. Sazhin’s 750km was much more challenging than 1,000km on the ridges

So sayeth The Dude in the DG1001M...

I also must agree, I do like triangles, glad to see that someone else recognized the triangle. I will do a bit of backwalking here and give kudos to the triangle. Bob