SSA Webinar July 14 2020 Buying & Selling Gliders, New & Used (I'veGot 33 tucked away!)

Old July 8th 20, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SSA Webinar July 14 2020 Buying & Selling Gliders, New & Used (I'veGot 33 tucked away!)

SSA Webinars are free.
They were initiated as a way to archive the knowledge of experienced soaring persons on a variety of topics, in a user entertaining manner. All webinars are archived and also free at www.ssa.org/Webinars.

Most of them also qualify for FAA WINGS Program credits, if you register for both WINGS and the SSA webinar with the same email address.
There is no WINGS credit for viewing the program as a recording at a later date.

Webinars are scheduled for second Tuesdays at 8 pm EDT. Upon registration,
you receive a confirmation email showing your local time zone and date.
Register via this link:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...7?source=R.A.S.

This is created for primarily a US audience, but the maintenance issues are relevant around the world. We hope you will enjoy the presentation.

Cindy B
Webinar Team

Buying & Selling Gliders, New & Used (I've got 33 tucked away!)

This webinar covers some of the basics of buying and selling both new and used gliders.Â* We will discuss some of the things to look at when purchasing more vintage gliders, Â*as well as ordering shiny, brand-new, super ships.Â* We are excited to have two very qualified Presenters for this webinar.

Our Presenters are Steve Leonard and Sean Franke.

"Hi, my name is Steve.Â* I buy gliders. (Hi, Steve.) Â*The experience I have gained collecting a fleet of vintage and historic sailplanes can be used to inform you of the perils and processes of buying a used sailplane. Standard or Experimental Airworthiness, currently flying, small project, major project or just-walk-away. I've seen a LOT." Â*Steve has 33 gliders tucked away. Steve is a second generation soaring pilot, and currently Towplane Manager for the Kansas Soaring Association, Director of the Wichita Soaring Association, and a Trustee for the National Soaring Museum. He flies from Sunflower Aerodrome in Kansas.

Sean Franke is our other speaker for tonight.Â* Sean is the CEO of Wings & Wheels Soaring Supplies and is the American representative for HpH Ltd. glider manufacturer.Â* From these roles, Sean can outline new factory purchase processes, and the business of advertising your used glider for sale.He is a third generation glider pilot who soloed at age 14. He has flown National soaring competitions since 1990, holds eight State and two National soaring records. Sean has finished in the top ten at two World Gliding Championships. He competed in the Club Class World Gliding Championships in Slovakia (2010), Argentina (2012) and Finland (2014).Â*