How do you keep Prairie Dogs out of the Parowan Airport?

Old February 16th 12, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Default How do you keep Prairie Dogs out of the Parowan Airport?

On Feb 16, 3:14*am, Scott wrote:
On 2-16-2012 06:27, Darryl Ramm wrote:

This is the Utah prairie Dog, a different (and listed endangered) species than those hunted, poisoned, gassed, blown up, napalmed, drowned, etc. elsewhere.

Still I reserve judgement on this fence, wonder how much repair work it will take as these critters dig out one side of the fence etc. They can do an incredible amount of damage.

Darryl

Ah ha! *We don't have prairie dogs here in WI and I wasn't aware there
was a species that was endangered. *Of course, it just has to be that
kind that is invading that airport. *

We don't have them here in So Cal either. My truck still starts every
morning and I' still get to work. My airplane still starts and my
glider launches. They don't dig up my airport and I don't miss them,
please don't bring them down or introduce them here (or I'll shoot and
trap them).
Old February 17th 12, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kevin anderson

Here is your solution!!!!

http://www.rodenator.com/

Have not tried it, but go on the web site and look at some of the
video. Looks almost as much as soaring.

Well, no not really, but looks like a hoot!!!

Kevin
192
Old February 17th 12, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

The Rodenator is also good for fixing USENET posts that repeat stuff that has been mentioned before in a thread. You just squeeze the trigger and kapow those repeat posts are gone :-0
Old February 17th 12, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony V

On 2/16/2012 8:02 PM, kevin anderson wrote:
Here is your solution!!!!

http://www.rodenator.com/

Have not tried it, but go on the web site and look at some of the
video. Looks almost as much as soaring.

Well, no not really, but looks like a hoot!!!

Possibly not to the prairie dogs. :-)

Tony "6N"

Kevin
192

Parowan airport and prarie dogs Peter von Tresckow Soaring 3 August 29th 11 07:22 PM
Prairie Aviation Museum PIREP Jay Honeck Piloting 6 October 19th 05 09:18 PM
Dogs flying Chuck Piloting 32 July 7th 04 04:21 PM
Freight Dogs Dennis O'Connor Piloting 6 January 29th 04 02:37 AM
"Lazy Dogs" Mike Yared Naval Aviation 1 August 15th 03 06:00 PM