Wave in Utah on September 30th

Old October 1st 13, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Wave in Utah on September 30th

Amazing wave yesterday, the best defined I have ever seen running for several hundred miles north and south. I had to work and had to just look at it from the ground.

Several gliders flew out of Morgan. 2KA covered 600 km with a launch after 3 pm at 164 kph (102 mph). Hopefully we will get more days like that soon. Congratulations to Lynn and York on fun flights.
Old October 2nd 13, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:10:29 PM UTC-5, Tim Taylor wrote:
Amazing wave yesterday, the best defined I have ever seen running for several hundred miles north and south. I had to work and had to just look at it from the ground. Several gliders flew out of Morgan. 2KA covered 600 km with a launch after 3 pm at 164 kph (102 mph). Hopefully we will get more days like that soon. Congratulations to Lynn and York on fun flights.

Looked fabulous on the satellite loop. I was watching from the flat lands. And wishing I would hear about Gordo heading east. Not sure how it would have been getting out of Minden, but there were what looked to be lennies or rotor cu or something over about each range from Minden on to somewhere east of SLC. Looked to a thermal guy like a good wave runner could have made good progress. At least, based on the markers.

Winds aloft forecast looked like you were just about in the core of the good winds, Tim.

Jealous in Kansas. We have winds but no "terrain features" to do us any good.
:-(
Old October 2nd 13, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I would have become violently ill and had my wife rush to the office to pick
me up... (and rush me to the airport). ;-P

....And Steve, try ridge soaring those tall buildings in Kansas City!

I managed to scrape out a mere 80 miles yesterday with the clouds nastily
just out of my reach.

Old October 2nd 13, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Flying from SFO to ORD yesterday 4 Pm, United following I 80, little wave markers started at Truckee and went all the way east through Wyoming where the sun set.
John Cochrane
Old October 4th 13, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Was on a road trip through southern Idaho and Wyoming on the 29th and 30th. Both days had fantastic looking wave clouds in all directions.

David Martin
ASW27 BV