OSH '07 Redux -- Pix & Video

Old August 1st 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default OSH '07 Redux -- Pix & Video

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/oshkosh_2007.htm

Pix from the Fly-In Pool Party, the Rec.Aviation HOPS Party, and
Airventure.

It was one for the books, guys. Enjoy!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 1st 07, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Clear

In article om,
Jay Honeck wrote:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/oshkosh_2007.htm

Pix from the Fly-In Pool Party, the Rec.Aviation HOPS Party, and
Airventure.

Great pics. I'll make it one of these years.

BTW, your C-17 landing pics are actually the C-5 landing.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Old August 1st 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article om,
Jay Honeck wrote:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/oshkosh_2007.htm
Pix from the Fly-In Pool Party, the Rec.Aviation HOPS Party, and
Airventure.
It was one for the books, guys. Enjoy!

Nicely composed.
Good mix of text and pix.
Thanks for another great week of hospitality.
Old August 1st 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Nicely composed.
Good mix of text and pix.
Thanks for another great week of hospitality.

Thanks. We had a great time, and I sure appreciated seeing you and
the "Little French Girl" again!

It's funny, if you look at my pix from our early years at OSH, they
look like everyone else's -- all cool airplanes. Every type, every
model, every color, in every attitude -- that's all I could see, at
first.

Now, with age (some might call it "seasoning". Or, at Oshkosh, we
might call it "ripening" :-), I've lost interest in taking pix of just
the airplanes. Sure, they provide the backdrop for everything, and
they are the reason we are there -- but I always try to include images
of the people I truly care about. Those are the photos with "legs",
and those are the ones that hang on our hangar walls.

Two of our four hangar walls are now entirely covered with 8.5 x 11"
photos of past flights, going all the way back to 1998. They provide
a visual chronicle of our lives, all the way back to the very first
day we rolled our "new" Warrior into the hangar.

Visitors always comment on how cool it is, to be able to see the kids
grow up just by looking at "The Wall", and you can bet that I'll be
adding half a dozen more pix from OSH '07. You (and all the other N40
guys and gals) will be up there for all to see!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 1st 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jeff[_1_]

What's funny...ok...eery about these pics is that, althought we've never
met, we must have tripped over each other several times during the week.

The pic of your daughter and the C17 is taken from the photo stand. I was
standing at the front of the C17 behind the crowd rope when they pulled it
in...probably 50 ft from you.

Then you mentioned in another thread that you were at the seaplane base for
the fish fry....I left the seaplane base about 3:30 prior to the fish fry
after the wind had all but grounded everyone (saw a pretty red-white Cessna
arrive and a yellow cub (I think), but nothing else other than a T-6 buzzing
us).

So, apparently I've been avoiding you

jf

ps.com...

Old August 1st 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jeff[_1_]

BTW, I re-read your arrival narrative on this page. What was up with the
lady on final? Was she a straight in? Do they let the IFR folks in that way
or what? Why was she out there?

jf

ps.com...

Old August 3rd 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

BTW, I re-read your arrival narrative on this page. What was up with the
lady on final? Was she a straight in? Do they let the IFR folks in that way
or what? Why was she out there?

I have no idea.

Mary thinks it was Patty Wagstaff, since who else would have the
chutzpah to give ATC a hard time at OSH? (And she *does* fly a Cirrus
now...)

I don't think it was, since she would hardly be the one to care about
flying close to someone else....

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 3rd 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

What's funny...ok...eery about these pics is that, althought we've never
met, we must have tripped over each other several times during the week.

This has happened to me before at OSH. Even though it's a humongous
place, there are really less than a dozen places where EVERYONE takes
pictures. Thus, OSH pix tend to look a lot alike.

If you're there next year, maybe we'll run into one another?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 3rd 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:

Mary thinks it was Patty Wagstaff, since who else would have the
chutzpah to give ATC a hard time at OSH? (And she *does* fly a Cirrus
now...)

I don't think it was, since she would hardly be the one to care about
flying close to someone else....

I agree with Jay. IFR arrivals do however come straight in and some
pilots do have an attitude. Not only is Patty used to close proximity,
she's been coming to Oshkosh longer than I have (15 years) and I can't
imagine that any arrival operations would faze her.
Old August 3rd 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I agree with Jay. IFR arrivals do however come straight in and some
pilots do have an attitude. Not only is Patty used to close proximity,
she's been coming to Oshkosh longer than I have (15 years) and I can't
imagine that any arrival operations would faze her.

It's too bad, really -- I kinda wish it *was* Patty. There's just
something kinda cool about saying "Hey, I cut off Patty Wagstaff at
Oshkosh..." (Even if it *was* under ATC clearance...)

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Sun N Fun '07 Redux Jay Honeck Piloting 74 May 2nd 07 12:06 AM
Sun N Fun '07 Redux Jay Honeck Owning 44 May 2nd 07 12:06 AM
CSA Redux? sid Naval Aviation 19 May 11th 04 10:43 PM
Sun N Fun Redux Jay Honeck Piloting 26 April 24th 04 01:44 PM
CSA Redux? sid Military Aviation 9 April 18th 04 08:14 AM