Lasham visit May 6-8

Old April 24th 13, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

Default Lasham visit May 6-8

Flying for work will bring me into London during the beginning of May. I'm considering visiting Lasham for a day or two. I would be interested in working with some of the instructors to fly aerobatics and/or winch launches. This would be a great time for me to add skills which I haven't been able to explore yet here in the States. Not to mention also very fun. Are there any instructors at Lasham that have FAA certified flight instructor ratings that would be able to do a ground launch endorsement? I've previously visited Duxford for the power flying side and would love to add Lasham for the soaring side.

Any tips or suggestions about getting back and forth from Downtown London would be greatly appreciated. I may visit Stonehenge as well to check off another on the bucket list. Maybe a nice cross country flight overhead to kill two birds with one stone? Cheers.
Old April 25th 13, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nigel Pocock[_2_]

Lasham definately have have cross country instructors, including national
and international champions. Aerobatic training is also available.
Best to contact the chief flying instructor Colin Watt. He will be able to
advise you if they have any FAA instructors for your winch endorsment.
Winching takes place 364 days a year weather permitting.
Training gliders include 9x K13, 2 x ASK21, DG1000, and Duo discus. i hope
to see you there.

Nigel

=

Old April 27th 13, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wheaton

Great experience. Train as noted, cab or bus. Spend the weekend in their bunkhouse, eat in their cafeteria ( b,l and d). Keep your room in London. Rain gear? Patience. Forget the FAA sign off and just have fun.

Options for visiting pilots at Lasham Craig Funston[_2_] Soaring 7 September 10th 11 11:46 PM
Lasham Regionals Steve Dutton Soaring 0 July 2nd 04 06:00 PM
Aboyne (Scotland) - Lasham (Hampshire) Steve Dutton Soaring 0 June 27th 04 10:40 AM
Lasham Regionals July 3 - 11 Steve Dutton Soaring 0 May 27th 04 09:34 PM
Competitions at Lasham - UK Steve Dutton Soaring 0 July 14th 03 11:07 PM