Butterfly iGlide App now available in the US

Old August 9th 12, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

Default Butterfly iGlide App now available in the US

Hello everybody,

iGlide, our iOS gliding navigation application is now in made available today in the USA and Canada. We have just released it and await Apple to activate it any minute. You can download it directly on the Apple AppStore.

iGlide has been incredibly successful in Europe. Our Team worked hard to get it ready for the US market, the main work was integrating necessary data and market specific functionality such as different units etc.

iGlide comes in three editions. As a start you can try the "lite edition" (priced $29,99) that features basic functionality. Additional features of higher editions can be directly purchased inside iGlide later on.

Some information can be found on our Youtube channel, many more videos to come: http://www.youtube.com/user/ButterflyAvionics

The iGlide manual and additional information is available he http://www.butterfly.aero

Thanks for your feedback and best regards
Marc

Old August 9th 12, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

iGlide, our iOS gliding navigation application is now in made available today in the USA and Canada. We have just released it and await Apple to activate it any minute. You can download it directly on the Apple AppStore.

Thanks for your feedback and best regards

Marc

How much memory does iGlide Pro require loaded with US database?

Butterfly website suggests iPod/iGlide can display Flarm warnings? How is this possible with PowerFlarm brick?
Old August 10th 12, 07:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

How much memory does iGlide Pro require loaded with US database?

Butterfly website suggests iPod/iGlide can display Flarm warnings? How is this possible with PowerFlarm brick?

several Gigabytes depending on resolution (approx. 10GB in retina resolution). Thats why we have divided the US into 12 sectors so you don't have to download everything.
Old August 10th 12, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Marc, I've read the manual, looked at the videos and the info on the web site, plus the write up at iTunes. iGlide looks very interesting!

However, I do not see anything stating that iGlide can replay IGC files. The simulator apparently allows you to "fly" over the terrain, similar to the way Glide Navigator did.

Can iGlide replay IGC files?

-John

Old August 16th 12, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

John,

IGC-File replay is not yet implemented. We will integrate a replay-feature later this year.

Marc

Old August 16th 12, 10:15 PM
Brett Brett is offline
Member

Location: New Zealand

Marc

How about maps for Australia & New Zealand? I have downloaded the App but it is useless without them.

Brett
Old August 17th 12, 08:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

Brett,

Maps for Australia are available, NZ is just being re-rendered and will be available in the coming days. Please take a look at all available Maps he http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/support/mapfiles.html

Cheers
Marc

--

Brett

Old August 15th 12, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Thursday, August 9, 2012 5:08:11 AM UTC-7, Marc - Butterfly Avionics wrote:
Hello everybody,

iGlide, our iOS gliding navigation application is now in made available today in the USA and Canada. We have just released it and await Apple to activate it any minute. You can download it directly on the Apple AppStore.

iGlide has been incredibly successful in Europe. Our Team worked hard to get it ready for the US market, the main work was integrating necessary data and market specific functionality such as different units etc.

iGlide comes in three editions. As a start you can try the "lite edition" (priced $29,99) that features basic functionality. Additional features of higher editions can be directly purchased inside iGlide later on.

This is a very interesting implementation. A couple of comments: I cannot currently buy an upgrade from within the app. The choice is not offered. Second, though the documentation says you need an external GPS, it seems to work fine with the internal one on an iPhone 4S. It does not let you download maps from within the app as described in the documentation, but you can download them on the web and then install via iTunes.
Old August 16th 12, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

Both seems to be the same issue. iGlide may not have access to the internet, this means it cannot load the upgrades and data. Sure your device is connected?

Am Mittwoch, 15. August 2012 23:39:07 UTC+2 schrieb jfitch:
[...]

Where are you Butterfly vario? [email protected] Soaring 17 May 25th 14 05:49 AM
Butterfly vario info [email protected] Soaring 1 August 7th 12 10:08 PM
Butterfly iGlide Reed von Gal Soaring 4 May 2nd 12 06:00 PM
New Butterfly Vario Paul Remde Soaring 238 February 20th 12 05:05 AM
This Just In- Butterfly [email protected] Soaring 6 February 17th 12 10:00 PM