Glider rides in Mexico?

Old November 28th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GARY BOGGS CFIG

Default Glider rides in Mexico?

Are there any glider ride operations in Mexico? Where would a person
look to find the regs concerning soaring there, and what it would take
to do business there? Someone here must know.

Gary
Old November 29th 09, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 28, 9:39*am, GARY BOGGS CFIG wrote:
Are there any glider ride operations in Mexico? *Where would a person
look to find the regs concerning soaring there, and what it would take
to do business there? *Someone here must know.

Gary

I don't know but last Jan when I was in Marfa I gave a ride to a
fashion designer from NYC who was from Mexico. While aloft she told
me that her father used to fly tow planes in Mexico. She introduced
me to him after landing but he spoke no english and I no spanish so I
didn't learn any details beyond some towing gestures and vague
translations about his friends who flew gliders a lot. Let us know
what you learn Gary

Matt
Old November 29th 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Nov 28, 11:08*pm, wrote:
On Nov 28, 9:39*am, GARY BOGGS CFIG wrote:

Are there any glider ride operations in Mexico? *Where would a person
look to find the regs concerning soaring there, and what it would take
to do business there? *Someone here must know.

Gary

I don't know but last Jan when I was in Marfa I gave a ride to a
fashion designer from NYC who was from Mexico. *While aloft she told
me that her father used to fly tow planes in Mexico. *She introduced
me to him after landing but he spoke no english and I no spanish so I
didn't learn any details beyond some towing gestures and vague
translations about his friends who flew gliders a lot. *Let us know
what you learn Gary

Matt

Mid-1990's I used to carry on an e-mail conversation with a Janus CM
owner in Mexico. At the time, I think he mentioned a group with about
ten sailplanes, but the details escape me. I'm told the DG-100 I
partnered in back in the 1980's was exported to Mexico.

Frank Whiteley
Old November 30th 09, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

As part of my daily summer WX brief, I always look at the satellite
images of Baja. It is commonly rocking down the dividing range in the
summer.

And I hear there are lots of snakes available to add levity to the
daily pilot briefing!

Go for it, Gary! I would love to come down and fly.
Old November 30th 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GARY BOGGS CFIG

Is this a referance to the snake I let go during the briefing in
Tonopah? That was fun, wasn't it!

Glider rides in NM? Mike Lindsay Soaring 6 January 2nd 06 03:12 PM
Glider Rides - Gift Michael Simulators 1 December 7th 04 10:46 AM
Glider rides? Kbh2u General Aviation 2 November 15th 03 06:52 AM
Glider rides? Kbh2u Piloting 1 November 7th 03 01:02 AM
How many Glider Rides in one day cloud nine Soaring 23 November 4th 03 04:49 PM