Colibri and Dynon

Old July 9th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Smith

Default Colibri and Dynon

Has anyone set-up a Colibri feeding NMEA to a Dynon? Specifically have you
worked out what combination of NMEA sentences are required to get the Dynon
(D10A) HSI to display in full? I'm getting the GPS positional
information, but not information relating to next waypoint in a task.

Old July 10th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Haley

At 22:12 09 July 2008, Paul Smith wrote:
Has anyone set-up a Colibri feeding NMEA to a Dynon? Specifically have

you
worked out what combination of NMEA sentences are required to get the
Dynon
(D10A) HSI to display in full? I'm getting the GPS positional
information, but not information relating to next waypoint in a task.

Havent done any real life investigation but did investigate when I was
thnking of buying a dynon. You need
$GPRMC = (position, velocity, time)
$GPRMB = Route Info
$GPGGA = essential fix data which provide 3D location and accuracy data

and one of

$GPBOD = Bearing - Origin to Destination shows the bearing angle of the
line, calculated at the origin waypoint, extending to the destination
waypoint from the origin waypoint for the active navigation leg of the
journey
or
$GPAPB =Autopilot format B

I know that the LX outputs neither of the last two and am fairly sure that
neither does the colibri.
Turning on RMB may just help

rgds
Stephen

Old July 10th 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Smith

Thanks Stephen.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding an alternate IGC logger or
nav device that does work with the HSI view in the Dynon? I'd be
interested to know of the configuration of any gliders fitter with a dynon
where this is working.

thanks again, Paul.
Old July 10th 08, 11:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cfinn

On Jul 10, 6:27*am, Paul Smith wrote:
Thanks Stephen.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding an alternate IGC logger or
nav device that does work with the HSI view in the Dynon? *I'd be
interested to know of the configuration of any gliders fitter with a dynon
where this is working.

thanks again, Paul.

The Garmin aviation series (x96) output the necessary sentences. You
can get a 196 for less than $500, or you can get fancy with a 396 or
496 and add XM weather. I just purchased a Dynon D10A and am
installing it in my play toy.

Charlie

Dynon D10a Artificial Horizon stevehaley Soaring 0 July 27th 07 10:40 PM
FS Colibri Ed Hollestelle Soaring 1 December 20th 06 04:00 AM
Which would draw more juice? A glass display Dynon Efis-D100 or regular style "Steam Gauges" that are electric. [email protected] Home Built 3 September 30th 06 08:36 PM
Dynon EFIS-D10 Any Pireps or Opinion? Gig Giacona Home Built 7 May 22nd 05 02:58 AM
Dynon EFIS D-10 Magnetic heading Paul Lee Home Built 3 November 15th 04 09:41 PM