uk Belfast -Malta 1974

Old April 30th 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
BILL

Default uk Belfast -Malta 1974

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Belfast in Malta 1974.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	10968
Old April 30th 07, 10:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"BILL" wrote in message

Would that have been taken at Hal Far in 1974 or would it be Luqa?.
I had several holidays in Malta but do not know when Hal Far closed to
traffic, though I do remember some form of motoring event there one Sunday
and there being one or two rather sorry looking aircraft there in another
year.
--
Andrew

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.)

Old May 1st 07, 05:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
C Charland

G'day

Hal Far was transferred to the Fleet Air Arm on the 15th of April 1946 where
it became Royal Naval Air Station Hal Far (H.M.S. Falcon). It was returned
to the R.A.F. on the 1st of September 1965. Airfield ops were terminated
and R.A.F. Station Hal Far was shut down and handed over to the government
of Malta in January 1979. It was subsequently turned into an industrial
park.

Cheers...Chris

Old May 1st 07, 03:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"C Charland" wrote in message
G'day

Hal Far was transferred to the Fleet Air Arm on the 15th of April 1946
where
it became Royal Naval Air Station Hal Far (H.M.S. Falcon). It was
returned
to the R.A.F. on the 1st of September 1965. Airfield ops were terminated
and R.A.F. Station Hal Far was shut down and handed over to the government
of Malta in January 1979. It was subsequently turned into an industrial
park.

Cheers...Chris

Thank you for the information Chris, I always enjoyed the holidays we had in
Malta and drove past Hal Far on several occasions.
--
Andrew

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Malta0084.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	11026
Old May 1st 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
C Charland

This will explain why there were Caribous in Malta.

Cheers...Chris

http://www.aviationinmalta.com/Gener...5/Default.aspx

Old May 1st 07, 07:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
C Charland

Hi Andrew

When I first saw the Caribous, I thought they might be ex-Spanish Air Force.
Problem is that the Spanish did not have a radar nose (same thing for the
Aussies). I found the following article which explains everything.

Old May 1st 07, 08:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"C Charland" wrote in message
Hi Andrew

When I first saw the Caribous, I thought they might be ex-Spanish Air
Force.
Problem is that the Spanish did not have a radar nose (same thing for the
Aussies). I found the following article which explains everything.

Cheers...Chris

http://www.aviationinmalta.com/Gener...5/Default.aspx

Hi Chris

Thank you for the link it does explain things and I never realised so many
had passed through one way or another.
The attached is of the other Caribous there at the time, but with fencing in
the way.
--
Andrew

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0081.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	11083
Old May 22nd 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
AWem

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:59:26 GMT, "BILL"
wrote:

There is a very good chance that I was actually flying in that Belfast
- I just can't make out the frame number to be sure, but the place and
the time are right for me (and yes, it was Luqa - the side opposite
the civil terminal)

andy

Old May 22nd 07, 09:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard Brooks

wrote:

There is a very good chance that I was actually flying in that Belfast
- I just can't make out the frame number to be sure, but the place and
the time are right for me (and yes, it was Luqa - the side opposite
the civil terminal)

andy

You can actually buy a cockpit flight DVD and relive some moments!

What a lovely aircraft and the one I became fond of is now thankfully in
the museum. There was talk of Brize having either a Belfast or Brit' as
a gate guardian but that came to nothing of course.

Richard.

--
"Initiative is punishable."
Russian business saying.
Old May 22nd 07, 11:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

wrote:

There is a very good chance that I was actually flying in that Belfast
- I just can't make out the frame number to be sure, but the place and
the time are right for me (and yes, it was Luqa - the side opposite
the civil terminal)

andy

You can actually buy a cockpit flight DVD and relive some moments!

What a lovely aircraft and the one I became fond of is now thankfully in
the museum. There was talk of Brize having either a Belfast or Brit' as
a gate guardian but that came to nothing of course.

Richard.

I assume that "Brit'" is a Britannia. There's one at RAF Cosford, not
quite a gate guardian, that's left to the Hawker Hunter.

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version