Charlie Spratt

Old April 11th 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TonyV[_2_]

Default Charlie Spratt

Frank wrote:
On Apr 10, 9:50 am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday)

Charlie lives on in "A Fine Week of Soaring". Thank you Juan.

Tony "6N"
Old April 11th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 10, 6:50*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

One time in Hutchinson, KS in about 1984, I got to ride with him in
his van, along with my
kids, to Wichita, to the "Wind Heaven" kite shop. He really liked
that place. Wind Heaven ...
Maybe that's where we go after our "Good Finish".
Old April 11th 09, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 10, 6:50*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

Mark! Good finish.

9B
Old April 12th 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Micki

As many of you may know (or attended) Spratt was the minister at my
wedding. When Charlie-Lite and I first met, our first date was to the
15m nationals at Mifflin in 1998, and of course I met Spratt for the
first time. He was instrumental in my understanding soaring/
competition and glider folk in general, and charlie-lite in specific.
He taught me to listen to my heart, and live life with my heart, and
not always my head. He liked to tell me that if he listened to his
head all the time, he would have never stayed in soaring so long, and
took a job with a retirement plan.

Because of his instrumental part in my relationship with Lite, I
wanted him to conduct the wedding on the runway at the Mifflin contest
in 2003. Karl S. helped get him ordained on the internet, Iris loaned
her Phd robes, and their 57 chevy for his pulpit ...and the car was
aptly re-named from Eleanor to the Popemobile. Charlie Spratt
performed several other weddings after ours, giving him a well earned
new title of "right reverend Spratt". I love you Charlie...and the
ripples from your life will still be spreading for years to come on
this plane of earth. Thank you for your presence when I needed you
the most. I will sit at the Gate again with you soon. Micki Minner

Old April 12th 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Armstrong

Rest in peace, Charlie. Thanks, a million thanks...

Janice Armstrong
DAN crew

Old April 13th 09, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I knew Charlie from contests in VA and TX. No doubt he was a stellar
character. We need more folks like him.

Of all the days of the year, I can't think of a better day to pass
away on. Good Friday. The day Jesus died on the cross. Makes me
think of the humbleness, giving, and loving characteristics that
Charlie had, which in more ways that one, were similar to Jesus.

Our Soaring community will miss him dearly.

Charlie Spratt: Let Him Know Chip Bearden Soaring 1 April 7th 09 04:56 PM
Charlie Spratt [email protected] Soaring 5 March 19th 09 01:56 PM
Charlie Spratt says hi ! [email protected] Soaring 3 February 16th 07 12:41 AM
Charlie Spratt Ed Byars Soaring 6 December 14th 05 06:21 PM
e-mail for Charlie Spratt? Paul Remde Soaring 0 March 12th 05 09:58 PM