One Lucky Dude in Milwaukee

Old November 15th 05, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default One Lucky Dude in Milwaukee

"Skylune" wrote in
lkaboutaviation.com:

Skylune, you really need to learn how to do proper quoting.
Since you're posts are such a friggin' mess they're practically
unreadable I guess my only alternative is to plonk you so I
can't see them anymore.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Supernews sucks - blocking google, usenet.com & newsfeeds.com posts
Old November 15th 05, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by Skywise into@[EMAIL PROTECTED] Nov 15, 2005 at 07:54 PM

"Skylune" live-ski-or-die@[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote in

news:0d2f4b72d9fc6cc1b04c9bee50000592@[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
http://www.skywise711.com
- Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy, Skepticism
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Supernews sucks - blocking google, usenet.com & newsfeeds.com posts

Plonk away! (You really do need to "learn to do" proper grammar, diction
(the "you're" conjuction you used is incorrect: it should be "your" as a
possessive pronoun), syntax etc.

And the phrase "your only alternative" is an oxymoron.

Old November 15th 05, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by "Skylune" Nov 15, 2005 at 03:47 PM

[...]

But I expect to much. Here's what I found on your weird website:

"It absolutely amazes me at times some of the silly things people will
believe in. Many people I can forgive for simple lack of education."

HOLY COW. What a grammatical abortion!!! Forgiveness starts with
yourself!!

Old November 16th 05, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Skywise" wrote in message
"Skylune" wrote in
lkaboutaviation.com:

Skylune, you really need to learn how to do proper quoting.
Since you're posts are such a friggin' mess they're practically
unreadable I guess my only alternative is to plonk you so I
can't see them anymore.

Brian

I also plonked him after he started making his posts such a mess. Before
that I was irritated, but kept on reading. Irritating writer + irritating
newsreader = not worth it anymore.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 16th 05, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Morgans" wrote)
Skylune, you really need to learn how to do proper quoting.
Since you're posts are such a friggin' mess they're practically
unreadable I guess my only alternative is to plonk you so I
can't see them anymore.

I also plonked him after he started making his posts such a mess. Before
that I was irritated, but kept on reading. Irritating writer + irritating
newsreader = not worth it anymore.

I've read him all along but agree, enough is enough. If I thought he was
making a real effort I'd cut him more slack. However, I don't get the
feeling he's trying (or even gives a rip) that he's tripping up readers with
each of his posts.

As it is, S-Loon = skip posts for now. I'll check back in a month or so...

Montblack

Old November 16th 05, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:
"Skywise" wrote in message

"Skylune" wrote in
news:0d2f4b72d9fc6cc1b04c9bee50000592@localhost. talkaboutaviation.com:

Skylune, you really need to learn how to do proper quoting.
Since you're posts are such a friggin' mess they're practically
unreadable I guess my only alternative is to plonk you so I
can't see them anymore.

Brian

I also plonked him after he started making his posts such a mess. Before
that I was irritated, but kept on reading. Irritating writer + irritating
newsreader = not worth it anymore.

So what you're really saying is that if there is a message there in the
list you just have to click on it, you can't stop yourself? Do you
really look at every message?
Old November 16th 05, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:14:37 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:
"Another woman said it appeared that the pilot was trying to maneuver
the plane to miss hitting homes."

Does AOPA hand this out in scripts for eyewitnesses to read to the
press?

I don't think they have to. If you were coming down, wouldn't you try to avoid
something like a house? I was taught to hit the softest, cheapest thing I could
find if a crash is inevitable.

Unfortunately on final for 36 there are all these great big roofs.
Roofs at 30 feet and trees at 60 feet. Streets run cross ways with
some very short "courts" that run N/S. Of course our shortest runway
is 18/36 so on departure for 18 there is no place to go unless your
departure is at maximum effort so you could make a 90 degree turn for
the express way, unless you can make a 120 for 06. That sub appears
to be designed to leave no safe spots.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.

Old November 16th 05, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Newps" wrote

So what you're really saying is that if there is a message there in the
list you just have to click on it, you can't stop yourself? Do you
really look at every message?

I generally keep my cursor on the "next post" box, and just pull up the next
post. If it is a thread that I have lost interest in, I click on the "mark
conversation read" box.

Sometimes, when I go to the next post, and see who the writer is, that the
post is longer that what the writer is usually worth, I skip over it
quickly. I also have a pretty good sized kill file. That helps to cut down
of the garbage posts. Otherwise, yes, I read pretty much every post. It
should be noted that I read almost twice as fast as the average person. I
read much much faster than anyone can possibly talk, except skyloon. g
--
Jim in NC

Lucky folks David Lesher Owning 9 August 5th 05 02:11 PM
401TFW/614TFS Lucky Devils in the Gulf War MKopack Military Aviation 0 July 7th 05 06:35 PM
Are pilots really good or just lucky??? Icebound Instrument Flight Rules 68 December 9th 04 01:53 PM
Prop Strike in Milwaukee Ben Smith Piloting 9 October 1st 04 11:21 PM
Ride from Milwaukee to OshKosh? News1 Home Built 2 June 27th 04 12:58 AM