ASW 27 Instrument Panel Texture

Old November 11th 18, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW 27 Instrument Panel Texture

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 10:38:48 AM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 5:05:52 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Best way to handle this issue is to model the panel and components in full 3D.

I have drawn up a lot of my instruments in 3D for my mosquito panel. It would be good if someone hosted a database of 2D and 3D CAD files of all the instruments, panels etc so we didn't need to redraw. I have drawn up the flarm brick, antennae, and several standard instruments that I could share.
Chris

I will post my 3D database (in .STEP format) to DropBox later today. (I can post in native Solidworks too if anyone is interested) I have a model for a Ventus C panel, and an ASW27b panel. For the 27b I designed in a horizontal plate to mount internal instruments like TT22 encoder, flarm, GPS and FLARM antennas, etc.

Matt

Please do post your native SW files too.
Thanks
Chris
Old November 11th 18, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 9:33:07 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Here is the link to the dropbox where asw27b panel is stored: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n1j67ov2a...3qmfA-kHa?dl=0

Let me know if there are any issues. There is a jpeg in there to give you an idea of what you will find in the cad files. Also, you should see the Ventus C panel folder, and a folder that has a popular design I did for wingtip tie-downs on the Ventus. Take off the wingtips, slide in the tie down, flip the lever and you are secure...
Old November 11th 18, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 1:33:46 PM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
[...]

Thanks for posting that. BTW what version of Solidworks is it?
Also I could only see the step file and SW files for the 27, not sure if you also wanted to share out the ventus files then you'd need to add another link for those.
Chris
Old November 12th 18, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Try this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q8x9qgtum...kuGfcp0La?dl=0
Old November 12th 18, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

[...]

It is a mixture of SW 2012 and SW 2018. I think the Ventus is all 2012.
Old November 12th 18, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Here is a short presentation on refinishing a fiberglass panel on my old DG and another fellow's PIK with faux carbon fiber.

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presen...s/#carbonfiber

- John OHM Ω
Old November 12th 18, 07:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Monday, 12 November 2018 03:49:12 UTC+2, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Here is a short presentation on refinishing a fiberglass panel on my old DG and another fellow's PIK with faux carbon fiber.

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presen...s/#carbonfiber

- John OHM Ω

Anyone can layup new glass/carbon panel over positive mold in half the work hours described in presentation.

When planning panel remember to measure depth of instruments, not only their outline on the panel. Many gliders have structure behind panel that restricts placement.
Old November 12th 18, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Blasphemy!Â* That Ferrari should be red!

While your results looked great, a hydro dip costs a lot less, adds less
weight, and no sharp spikes in a crash.Â* The aluminum panel in my Stemme
has a hydro dip aluminum look.

THIS is what a carbon fiber dip looks like.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qakd33xjipp1dnv/DSC04946-1-2%20Colorado%20Thermal.jpg?dl=0

--
Dan, 5J

Old November 13th 18, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 8:32:57 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
Blasphemy!Â* That Ferrari should be red!

While your results looked great, a hydro dip costs a lot less, adds
less weight, and no sharp spikes in a crash.Â* The aluminum panel in
my Stemme has a hydro dip aluminum look.

THIS
is what a carbon fiber dip looks like.

On 11/11/2018 6:49 PM, OHM Ω
http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:

Here is a short presentation on refinishing a fiberglass panel on my old DG and another fellow's PIK with faux carbon fiber.

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presen...s/#carbonfiber

- John OHM Ω

--

Dan, 5J

Here is another way to manufacture and finish an instrument panel.

http://www.craggyaero.com/Panel%20Mf...structions.pdf

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 14th 18, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 6:26:39 PM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
[...]

Thanks Matt!

P-39 Instrument-Panel - P-39 Instrument-Panel.jpg ... Miloch Aviation Photos 0 June 26th 16 01:47 AM
PIK-20D Instrument panel Solo Soaring 5 February 15th 09 07:50 PM
Instrument Panel ccwillwerth Home Built 7 February 9th 06 03:15 PM
DG-300 instrument panel [email protected] Soaring 14 January 29th 06 03:48 PM
LS 6 b instrument panel John Brenann Soaring 4 November 19th 05 05:37 AM